Are you a Specialty Doctor interested in delivering and developing ground-breaking and growing Adult Eating Disorders services in historic & picturesque Wiltshire?
We are a responsive and innovative Foundation Trust that places our values of Caring, Safe and Excellent at the heart of everything we do. We take great pride in our staff and believe that investing in you is key to us achieving our vision of outstanding care delivered by outstanding people. We support flexible working practices.
We have a Specialty Doctor opportunity in our Adult Eating Disorders team. As a Specialty Doctor you will be responsible for supporting your team in ensuring that our service users' needs are met through the delivery of high-quality care. As a Centre of excellence, you will offer a person-center approach to their independence and well-being. You will have clinical opportunities to develop services across the patch and medical education/ supervision
Main duties of the job
This is a new post created as part of the commissioned NHS Long Term Plan funding obtained to expand the community team for adults with eating disorders in Swindon and Wiltshire. One of the exciting opportunities of this post would involve contributing to the development of early intervention for young adults with eating disorders. You will provide Psychiatric input to the service alongside an established Consultant and experienced multidisciplinary team.
This is an exciting time to join Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and become part of the BSW service. We deliver the i-Thrive model across for CAMHS BSW, including Mental Health Support Teams in schools and In-Reach services to Social Care. In addition we provide community adult eating disorders services to Swindon and Wiltshire. Oxford Health hosts the Thames Valley Provider Collaborative and Forensic CAMHS. Our CAMHS Eating Disorders Service is accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and was the regional pilot site for the national ARFID project. We work closely with our BSW ICB, Local Authorities, NHS providers and Third Sector Partners to transform services for young people up to 25 including eating disorders.
If you relish a challenge, are enthusiastic about improving access to eating disorders services and want to join a friendly and ambitious service which is modernising and expanding at pace, then OHFT have all the right ingredients.
Job description Job responsibilities
This is a substantive Specialty Doctor post that has been created as part of new investment in our eating disorders service to ensure timely access to evidenced based treatment alongside a developing early intervention in eating disorders service. Key components of the role include:
- Providing Psychiatric expertise to the MDT
- Contributing to assessments, treatment planning and reviews
- Liaising with other medical disciplines eg Primary care, medical staff at local general hospitals
- Supporting quality improvement and service developments
At OHFT we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working.
If you would like to work differently or different hours to those advertised then please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
We have described the job in detail in the attached Job Description and Person Specification, but we would be delighted to answer any questions you might have and to find out more about you.
You can start getting to know by having a look at our recruitment video made by members of the team and children, young people and young adults who have accessed our services:
BSW RECRUITMENT - YouTube
Find out more about living and working in BSW here:
Living and Working | Oxford Health
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- General medical qualifications
- Completion of at least three years' full-time hospital service at SHO/ ST1-3 or a higher grade since first obtaining full or limited registration, including two years' experience in a relevant specialty (in the UK or overseas).
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Training at post-Part I MRCPsych SHO/ ST1-3 level
- Section 12(2) approval: Mental Health Act, 1983
- Previous substantive appointments in psychiatry at minimum core trainee level, or their equivalent overseas
- To exercise an intermediate level of clinical responsibility as delegated by the consultant in charge
- Experience at post MRCPsych level or as Staff Grade/ Specialty Doctor
- Psychotherapy experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Competence in the physical examination of patients and in basic general medicine. Ability to recognise and manage risks related to physical health
- Ability to work through a collaborative multi-disciplinary framework
- Ability to contribute to effective team working. Capacity to prioritise workload
- Must have good skills in communication with patients, relatives, colleagues and staff of other organisations. Good spoken and written English
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a range of professionals
- Must have interest in and commitment to people with mental health problems, especially eating disorders, and their carers
- General medical experience at SHO/ST1-3 level.
- Teaching medical undergraduates.
- Experience in treating people with eating disorders.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Essential
- Full GMC Registration
- Meet specifications set out in the GMC Gjuidance, 'Duties of Doctor'
- Car driver with valid licence or otherwise independently mobile
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.