To provide specialist Occupational Therapy assessment, formulation and evidence-based interventions to individual's experiencing Perinatal mental health problems across Bradford & Airedale & Craven, making autonomous clinical decisions about own professional practice.
Closing Date: 19th February 2023
Shortlisting: 24th February 2023
Interview: 10th March 2023
Main duties of the job
- Clinical work (individual & group work); contributing to teaching and training on issues related to Peri Natal Mental Health, support development work within the service and support the work of the Peri Natal Network.
- The post-holder will support in the further development of Occupational Therapy interventions in the service area. This will be through collaboration with other team members to ensure that coherent treatment options are provided.
- The post holder will also provide care co-ordination for a small number of clients and will be responsible for assessment, evidenced based interventions, formulations, treatment and evaluation of care.
- To work with autonomous professional judgement, together with the MDT to deliver specialist assessment, formulation and evidence-based interventions to individuals and groups, reflecting the needs of the population.
- To assess, formulate and manage risk in line with CPA.
- To seek appropriate support and guidance when required from other suitably qualified professionals.
- To seek appropriate clinical supervision from other suitably qualified professionals.
- To keep up to date clinical records and provide statistics for resource management
- To share information (verbally and in written form) with colleagues in an effective manner and taking account of the bounds of individual & team confidentiality.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Additional cost of living payments for bands 1 - 7
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and person specification for further details about this role.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- o Experience of working within a mental health setting
- Experience of working with Peri Natal Mental Health Problems, substance misuse and/or emotional dysregulation.
- BSc/MSc/PG Dip Occupational Therapy HCPC registration
- Psychological Therapy Qualification in a relevant modality.
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Knowledge of perinatal mental health and illness.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.