Join our team, we pride ourselves in providing outstanding care to patients across North Worcestershire. We will provide you with resources to develop and progress a long-term career as well as flexibility, continual professional development as well as a wide range of wellbeing and support.
37.5 hours during Monday to Friday.
This role allows the possibility of hybrid working, meaning you will be required to commute to the stated base 2 or 3 days per week but allowing you to based within any commutable distance for the remainder of your week. We would need to discuss the suitability to fit this around the service at interview.
In the Neighbourhood Mental Health Team (NMHT) we strive to improve the mental health and wellbeing of our local communities.
We have incorporated a huddle into the daily functioning of the team which enables us to be focused on the recovery of the patient through a multidisciplinary approach, with expertise from doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, support workers and psychological therapies staff.
If you are passionate, self-motivated and looking to be part of an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of NMHTs then we would welcome your application and look forward to hearing from you.
Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity for either an experienced ACP, or someone wishing to develop their career. The ACP will contribute to the support and development of their community practitioners, using the four pillars to influence and underpin service delivery and design.
As an experienced and enthusiastic clinician, you will lead practice development. You will be supported within the team by both the clinical and leadership structure.
There will also be access to regular supervision with a Consultant psychiatrist and organisations non-medical prescribers forum.
You will be shaping our services and ensuring that ultimately our patients and service users get expert care focused on recovery and independence from a non-medical prescribing provision, whilst working as an autonomous advanced practitioner who will complement the service provision.
Will work as a key member and resource of the MDT core team.
The ability to work flexibly as the need of the service demands is essential.
Attend weekly MDT meetings, participate in professionals meetings, signpost to adjunct services depending on patient need.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
Act as a role model to colleagues, always seeking to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
Use their initiative and take responsibility for themselves and the quality of their work and the service they provide to patients.
Work across all clinically appropriate patients, 17-years-old and over, to deliver evidence-based interventions.
The ability to work autonomously to manage your own case load whilst working within a multi-disciplinary team
Demonstrate understanding of scope of own role within their Clinical area and be able to identify how this may develop during training completion.
Represent the team on specific projects and working groups as required.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Demonstrable post graduate experience in a variety of areas including clinical area applying to
- Experience of undertaking assessments of complex needs, initiating and reviewing treatment plans and discharging patients
- Experience of working with people with long term illness and or frailty/ older people
- Clinical experience of caring for people with cognitive impairment
- Experience of working across professional boundaries
- Experience of change/leading service development
- Experience of clinical leadership
- Registered Nurse Level 1/Allied Health Professional/Paramedic/ Pharmacist
- Degree level qualification
- Undertaking MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Non-Medical Prescribing (where within scope of professional practice). Where not within scope of practice they must have completed an equivalent number of credits in another relevant masters level module from the ACP masters
- Advanced Assessment Skills Module
- Evidence of a portfolio of knowledge, skills and professional development
- Mentorship or teaching qualification/work place assessor
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Role modelling good behaviour
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Advanced clinical assessment and clinical skills
- Extended and developing advanced clinical skills and knowledge base
- Understanding of relevant legislation and guidance relating to clinical area
- Demonstrate an understanding of clinical governance
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.