Coventry and Warwickshire Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health (CAMHS) Band 7 - Cognitive Behavioural Therapist RISE - Specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services Full time - permanent vacancy. Please note many Trust interviews take place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust are committed to being a responsive mental health service that delivers assessment and intervention to children, young people and their families sooner. As a service working with Children and Young People we welcome people to apply who have a clear passion to want to make a difference, are motivated and enthused with the core belief of prevention and resilience. We are a service that is known for being creative and responsive to the needs of our Children and Young People who no matter what level of need to support their emotional wellbeing and mental health receive the right support as they need it.
In addition, our partnership with CW Mind is bringing about a changing culture and is influencing the system to see emotional wellbeing and mental health as everyone's business. We are with schools, social care and organisations supporting children and young people; all working together to support our Children and Young People to have resilience and healthy emotional wellbeing working towards the aim of prevention and reduced stigma
We are also part of the CYP IAPT initiative and work in partnership with the Reading CYP-IAPT collaborative where we have on going opportunities for further training. Embedded in our model are pathways that are built upon evidence based practice and ensure a supportive supervision structure that allows for effective care delivery as well as the development of staff skills and knowledge.
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT) we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
At CWPT we put 'people at our heart'; this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others. We have an extensive wellbeing package to support our staff both in and out of work and we offer generous annual leave entitlement. With excellent training and development opportunities, we believe in growing our talent to be the best they can be and strive to promote from within the organisation. We listen to the feedback of our staff and service users, to ensure everyone has a voice and is recognised and valued for their contribution.
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be a qualified professional with current registration with a relevant professional body as well as having a relevant CBT therapy qualification and accreditation (or working towards). We as a service are looking for professional staff to have skills, knowledge, passion and expertise in working with Children and young People. The post will be shared between the Access and Engagement Team and Coventry Specialist Mental Health Services and if successful you will be responsible for the day to day delivery of specialist CBT interventions and assessments to children and young people as well as providing supervision and consultation to other team members and supporting agencies. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Allied Health Professional or Social Worker
- Post Graduate training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Relevant professional registration (HCPC, NMC or Social Work England) including BABCP
- Working towards or secured accreditation with BABCP.
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Skilled to provide CBT assessment, formulation and individual/group intervention for children young people and families who have complex mental health problems.
- Ability to use a variety of psychometric questionnaires and routine outcome measures in clinical meaningful ways to inform practice
- Specialist Knowledge of the range of young people's mental health problems and mental health services including risk assessment and management.
- Knowledge of legislative frameworks and recent guideline in child and adolescent mental health service provision.
- Ability to deliver evidence- based assessment, formulation and interventions.
- Ability to work with children of all ages.
- In depth knowledge of safeguarding and child protection
- Ability to work in and across teams
- Ability to manage time effectively, managing a caseload and prioritising on basis of need
- Experience of collaborative multi-disciplinary and multi-agency work
- Significant experience as a clinician in Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service
- Able to travel for work purposes and have access to an independent means of transport.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.