We have an exciting opportunity for a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Coastal West Sussex Care Delivery Service. The role is based in our Crisis Team in Chichester, West Sussex.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to(up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
You will work with other acute services in the local area including the Liaison team, the acute in-patient wards and local community services There are separate services for patients with a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of dementia.
This role can also support any interest in research, development, medical education or special interests that you may have. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team that consists of Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and more.
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
We would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity. Please see our contact details below.
Person Specification Qualifications and skills Essential
- Entry onto the specialist register currently or within 6 months
- Ac status or achievable within 3 months
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent clinical skills using biopsychosocial perspective and wider medical knowledge
- Experience of clinical research/service evaluation
- Evidence of experience in education, research, audit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.