The Trust is seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Specialist Eating Disorder Services in West Sussex. This vacancy has arisen due to the creation of a new post and the Trust regards this as an opportune moment to develop the service.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to(up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
You will liaise with primary and secondary physical health care providers, assessment and treatment services and District General Hospitals and work with the multi disciplinary team to provide assessment and care for patients in the community and DGH's with eating disorders.
This post covers patients in the community and in general hospitals (Princess Royal Hospital, Worthing General Hospital, St Richards Hospital, Chichester) in West Sussex. The post holder will provide expert medical input to patients under the care of the teams in these areas.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
This role can also support any interest in research, development, medical education or special interests that you may have. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Essential and desirable Essential
- MB BS or equivalent
- Specialist registration or ability to achieve within 6 months
- Excellent knowledge of speciality
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Wide range of specialist and subspecialist experience
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.