Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist inpatient and community mental health, learning disabilities, addiction services and acquired brain injury services for the people of Liverpool, Sefton and Kirkby, Merseyside. We also provide community physical health services in Liverpool and Sefton, secure mental health services for the North West of England, the West Midlands and Wales and specialist learning disability services across Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside. Our services are currently provided from 124 sites across the North West
Applications are invited for a full-time (10 PAs + 1 additional programmed activity) Consultant Psychiatrist to join Norris Green Community Mental Health Team for adults of working age.
Main duties of the job
This is an exciting time to be joining adult mental health services with the implementation of a new clinical model that isalready yielding improvements in care throughout the pathway,supported by more effective team working with primary care and adult inpatient acute are colleagues.
Mersey Care NHS FT is an innovative well led Trust, with an aspiration of Perfect Care for all of its service users, deliveredthrough a supportive Just Culture environment for staff. ForConsultant Psychiatrists it offers excellent opportunities forprofessional development, research and medical management roles. As aGlobal Digital Exemplar Mersey Care is developing digital applications to support the implementation of its 'Zero Suicide Policy' and the useof predictive analytics in mental health which will assist clinicianswith their decision making and risk prioritisation.
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist inpatient and community mental health, learning disabilities, addiction and acquired brain injury services for the people of Liverpool, Sefton and Kirkby, Merseyside. We also provide community physical health services in Liverpool, Sefton, secure mental health services for the North West of England, the West Midlands and Wales and specialist learning disability services across Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside.
Our ambition is to deliver perfect care to become the world's leading organisation in holistic health and well being.
Mersey Care's vision and values of Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Support (CARES) drive our organisation and the way we work together to deliver services. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate, during recruitment and any subsequent employment with the Trust, that their behaviour supports our values.
Job description Job responsibilities
Service detailsThe Local Division operates a total of 18 adult Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs) based in 7 community hub sites acrossthe North Mersey footprint. All adult CMHTs operate within a functional model meaning that post holders work with community patients only and are not required to maintain responsibility for inpatients, which instead come underthe care of the Inpatient Consultants.
There is an adult Single Point of Access(SPA) Team with its own dedicated Consultant and multidisciplinary team, which triages all referralsinto the service. Only those referrals deemed appropriate for CMHT input following assessment are passed on to the adult CMHTs. Crisis and home treatment team is separate and referrals can be made for intensive hometreatment, weekend cover and bed management. The following additional services and teams are available within the Local Division to work alongside CMHTs: Acute Services (including 8 x Acute In-Patient Wards, new (during 18/19) CrisisResolution Home Treatment Teams, ED Mental Health Liaison Teams Perinatal mental health team Criminal Justice Liaison Service (operated within Courts, Police Stations and Prisons) Eating Disorder Service A&E Assessment and Liaison Teams based in the Accident and EmergencyDepartments of Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals Trust, AintreeUniversity Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trustwith consultant psychiatrist input. Acquired Brain Injury Service Rathbone Rehabilitation Unit (low secure rehabilitation with dedicated Consultant andJunior Doctor) Psychotherapy Service and Specialist Personality Disorder Hub Early Intervention Service Older peoples Mental health service including General Hospital Liaison Services RoyalLiverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals Trust, Aintree University Hospital NHSFoundation Trust and Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust CHART (Community Housing and Re-enablement team) works with the trust to ensurehomeless and potentially homeless people with mental health problems in Sefton haveaccess to appropriate housing, including emergency accommodation and 24-hour intensivelysupported accommodation.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty of General Adult Psychiatry
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Ability to work constructively in and to lead a multidisciplinary team
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service,
Academic Skills & Lifelong Learning Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
Norris Green Hub
https://www.merseycare.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.