We are expanding our already established NCAP Level 3 Early Intervention in Psychosis Service.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic Senior Qualified Nurses/Occupational Therapists/Social Workers to join the Mid Essex First Episode Psychosis Team, based at The Gables in Braintree. This is an exciting time to join this established service, which has maintained a Level 3 NCAP rating over the last 2 years.
This role will require the postholder to work across the geographical locality of Mid Essex. The team uses a Multi-disciplinary approach to provide care, promote recovery and social inclusion to people from the age of 14-65 years who are experiencing, or are at risk of experiencing, a First Episode Psychosis. This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills of working with this group of service users in the community.
Postholder will be involved with the assessment and ongoing Care Co-ordination of clients suspected of, or have experienced, a First Episode of Psychosis by providing high quality evidence based care as per NICE guidelines and National Early Intervention Access & waiting time standards. Working alongside colleagues in a standalone First Episode of Psychosis (FEP) Team covering the Mid Essex Locality.
Main duties of the job
- The post holder will be fully conversant and uphold their professional code of conduct.
- Ensure all care is delivered in accordance with Trust's care programme approach guidelines.
- To participate in the initial assessment of clients to determine appropriateness for FEP Team and to liaise with referring agencies to identify alternative agencies as appropriate to meet the client's needs.
- Undertake risk assessments with clients and plan effectively to manage this in care plan with MDT.
- Ensure that all interventions are undertaken within established time scales and according to standards of best evidence based practice and operational policy.
- To work flexibility and participate in the demands of the FEP Service. This pattern is subject to change to meet client's needs and the guidelines of the National Service Framework.
- To provide clinical supervision and professional leadership to junior staff and promote evidence based practice.
- Attend training as provided and be responsible for keeping oneself up to date at all times with mandatory training.
- Keep oneself updated in all legislative government initiatives. Particularly those relevant to Early Intervention in Psychosis
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To undertake care co-ordination of a caseload of clients.
- Carry responsibility for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of recovery based care plans.
- Participate in collection of data including looking at entry and exit pathways to care and duration of untreated psychosis as well as using outcome measures - Dialog & QPR to ensure that we provide a successful service in terms of high quality outcomes.
- To maintain effective individualised care through assessment of service user and carers problems. Plan, implement and evaluate interventions and clear, accurate and concise documentation of individualised care.
- Undertake initial health and social needs assessments and participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings to look at appropriate selection and allocation of clients to CPA and regular reviews.
- Following analysis of client assessments, plan creatively to meet their needs including the provision of evidence based interventions.
- Prioritise and manage workload to ensure the effective management of a defined group of clients with complex needs.
- Responsible for working with colleagues in seeking to improve the quality of services provided to our clients/patients.
- Participate in annual audits relevant to the clinical pathway.
- Participate in the First Episode Psychosis Duty Rota.
For further details please views the job description and person specification
Person Specification Professional Registration and Experience Essential
Understanding of First Episode Psychosis/wait time standards Essential
- Understanding of First Episode Psychosis/wait time standards
- Experience of Family Work
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.