We are looking for a confident Psychotherapist, with a passion for delivering outstanding care. You'll be working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Hospital Hexham. Main duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up. Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10 000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Are you an outstanding Psychotherapist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, youll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Psychotherapist whos passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for ourservice usersits a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you care about making a difference every day we want to hear from you. Cygnet Hospital Hexham:
Cygnet Hospital Hexham is our 27 bed mental health facility for women with complex mental health needs. The hospital is built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment. Your Day-to-Day
- Work as a team Psychotherapist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- To provide a psychotherapeutic service to wards at Cygnet Hexham including assessment and formulation, therapeutic intervention, implementation and monitoring of outcomes
- To offer a range of evidence based individual and group therapeutic interventions within the service
- To provide reflective practice to staff so as to support service users from diverse backgrounds in building the life worth living by working to create a psychologically safe and trusting environment
- To undertake service evaluation, audit and research as necessary
- To contribute to service development through new, evidence-based initiatives
- To work as an autonomous professional within (e.g. BPS/HCPC/BACP) guidelines and codes of conduct, and guided by principles and policies of the service, following and contributing to the development of service procedures.
- To work within NICE guidelines
- We are looking for someone who is...
- Registered Psychotherapist post graduate diploma level or equivalent
- Experience working in secure settings
- Experience of 1:1 work with individuals with complex needs
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments including the HCR-20
- Experience of delivering group based interventions
- Experience of MDT working
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches e.g. ACT, Schema, CFT, attachment, CBT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the apply now link below.
In this role youll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.