Ward Manager / Service Manager (RMN / RNLD)
- Cygnet Health Care
- £50,000 a year
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
With us, you'll have the support and autonomy to innovate and create change that makes life better for both patients and colleagues
Main duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10,000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Managerwho can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You'll be working 40 hours a week (Monday Friday 9am - 5pm and covering bleep one day per week) at Cygnet Hospital Beckton. Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs.
Upping Ward is our brand new, 15 bed, Intensive Support Service for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder and complex mental health needs. The service aims to meet the needs of service users who experience difficulties engaging in therapeutic programmes, or who may have previously had inappropriate placements. The ethos of the ward is provision of service in a safe and less restrictive setting and offers a broad range of therapeutic approaches.
This is a unique opportunity to work within forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for a motivated leader to share our passion for new ideas and drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the managers on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours (one day per week 7:30am 8:00pm)
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Plus much more
- A qualified RMN / RNLD with a valid NMC pin number
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Carehas been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role youll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Click the link to apply or forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Empowering people and making a positive difference
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs within the UK. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users and their families. Our purpose is to care, enable & make a positive difference. Our vision is to be the preferred provider & employer of choice in our sector.
Our great team believe in -
- Patients, service users & their families are at the heart of what we do
- Making a real difference in people's lives
- Building caring relationships to improve mental health
Dedicated people who change lives together
At Cygnet, our people work across many different teams that pull together to achieve excellent outcomes for those in our care. So wherever your strengths lie, you can make the most of them with us – and enjoy a rewarding career that makes a significant difference to others.
Join one of our dedicated teams and be part of something meaningful:
- Leadership Team
- Doctors & Consultants Team
- Nursing Team
- Allied Health & Psychology Team
- Education Team
- Care & Support Team
- Hospitality & Non-clinical Team
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert