Highly Specialist Psychologist - Adolescent Mental Health TeamB7 OR B8A
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated Highly Specialised CAMHS Psychologist to join the Adolescent Mental Health pathway with 1 day a week within the Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools (WAMHS). This will be a busy, interesting, and varied job working with adolescents and their families/carers within the Adolescent Mental Health Team (AMHT).
Main duties of the job
The post holder will join an experienced multi-disciplinary team of clinicians who provide a range of mental health assessment and treatment services to children, young people and their families. The post holder will take a leadership role within the team, including the possibility of some supervision and line management, as well as service development. The post holder will provide comprehensive assessments for children and young people who have severe mental illness. Assessments may be carried out jointly with MDT colleagues and include at risk mental state assessments, family assessments and standardized assessments (such as the cognitive assessements, if trained or CAARMS assessment) where indicated.
The team works in partnership with other services such as the Coborn Adolescent Unit at Newhan, CAMHS Disability Service at the Hackney Ark, our other Specialist CAMHS pathway teams co-located at Homerton Row, schools, children's social care and other community agencies.
The post holder will be an experienced Psychologist with a substantial knowledge in the field of child and adolescent mental health, especially in the areas of adolescent mental health and crisis / risk management. They will be expected to contribute to the operational delivery of the AMHT and to be responsible for the supervision/management of band 7 staff as directed by the Clinical Team Lead.
The AMHT provides assessment and evidence based treatment to young people (13-17 years) presenting with significant and enduring mental health problems including psychosis, bipolar disorder, severe depression and OCD, as well as providing additional support to some high-risk young people in crisis. There is a focus on providing targeted care in the community and preventing admission and work closely with the local adolescent inpatient unit.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will possess leadership skills, strong engagement skills, the ability to work creatively in relation to severe enduring mental illness, and work effectively with complex multi-agency networks. We are opening out the post to a range of professional psychology disciplines including clinical, educational, counselling psychology as we value a diverse MDT for supporting the complexities of this client population. It would be important for applicants to have some experience of working with children with enduring mental helath problems and highly desirable for them to have experience of working and/or consulting in child and adolescent tier 4 inpatient units.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Qualification in Clinical/Educational/Counselling Psychology. Clinical Psychology
- Postgraduate Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS.
- Registration with HCPC.
- Relevant supervision training
- Qualifications/ training in specialist skills relevant to the post e.g. systemic therapies, neuropsychology, CBT, Family Intervention, evidenced based parent work, evidence based group work e.g. DBT
- Experience of working at an equivalent to Band 7 level in child and adolescent mental health.
- Experience of working specifically with adolescent mental health
- Experience of working with a high level of mental health difficulty
- Experience of line managing junior staff.
- Experience of service development, audit and quality improvement
- Experience of mentorship and a teaching role.
- Specialist clinical skills within specific therapeutic modalities
- Teaching skills, both in clinical setting and education centres.
- Presentation skills
- Skills in the use of Information Technology and electronic patient record systems
- Knowledge of Systemic work.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.