An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and highly motivated Registered Mental Health Nurses within the Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys Adult Mental Health Inpatient service based at Foss Park.
This post is only open to those candidates who already have their NMC registration in place and have successfully completed the preceptorship programme. Please note: Newly qualified applicants or those due to qualify will be recruited via a separate process.
Main duties of the job
These posts are to work on Minster which is the male acute wards. As a Staff Nurse on Minster ward, you will be encouraged to become involved in the large multi-disciplinary team approach striving towards excellent patient care. You will be involved in all aspects of the patient journey from their initial formulation to discharge planning. We work closely with other organisations in the community and work at linking people in so that care continues when they leave hospital.
Foss Park is a new, purpose built mental health hospital providing a range of services including 72 inpatient bedrooms with en-suite facilities for working age adults and older persons. The hospital has numerous vocational and therapeutic areas in a friendly, caring and therapeutic environment. The site provides inpatient care on four wards - two wards for working age adults and two wards for older adults.
Each inpatient ward is fully equipped with appropriate activity and therapeutic space to enable patients to recover in a timely way so that they can be safely discharged back into their community with identified support packages.
We will support you by offering regular supervision, training opportunities and encourage your development and role within this developing team on the delivery of Patient Centred Care, support for carers and evidence based practice.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached job description for main responsibilities of the role.
Shifts include long days and nightshifts.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RNMH, current professional registration with NMC.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Working with people with mental ill health.
- Working in a person centred therapeutic organisation
- Working in an inpatient environment
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Working in partnership with other agencies
- Evidenced based knowledge of best practice in caring for patients in the designated field.
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice.
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Manage own time and prioritise effectively
- Co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
- Motivate and work positively and assertively with other members of the team.
- Provide (within agreed timescale) effective teaching, training and clinical supervision
- Use approved techniques in physical intervention (within agreed timescale).
- Competency in ECG and venepuncture
- Presentation Skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.