The Sussex Children and Young peoples (CHYPS) service have an exciting opportunity for a permanent, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Consultant Psychiatrist to join their Acute Inpatient Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in prioritising the delivery of a safe, effective and caring service to those Young People (13yrs -18yrs) admitted to an Inpatient Unit and their families / carers within Sussex.
This job attracts a Recruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to (up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide comprehensive assessments and Psychiatry led interventions for a cohort of young people with complex needs within our 16 bed inpatient unit.
You will take a lead clinically where appropriate and work as a proactive member of a full multidisciplinary team. You will alsocontribute to the leadership team as required and help to continually develop the acute care pathway along side colleagues.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living in Sussex before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- City life is never far away as Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
You will work as part of a friendly and supportive Multidisciplinary team which includes Psychiatrists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Systemic Family Therapists and Social Workers.
This post will work along side other Consultants and Speciality Doctors who work in Sussex (CHYPS). You will also be part of a Trust Wide Consultant network where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the trust and develop peer networks.
You will be required to contribute to the CAMHS Psychiatry on call rota.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- CCT in Child and adolescent psychiatry or equivalent
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Experience of service development/service improvement
Academic Skills and Lifelong Learning Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.