Our Enhanced rehabilitation Service at 78 Crawley Rd is looking for a new Consultant Psychiatrist. In this role, the Consultant Psychiatrist's expertise will be the driving force behind our enhanced rehabilitation service. This role is for an individual interested in service improvement and development of their leadership skills.
A full-time specialty doctor is based at the rehabilitation service.
If you are an enthusiastic and a compassionate doctor who is looking for a job with a right balance of challenge and flexibility, look no further. You will be working alongside a group of experienced and highly motivated clinicians who will support you in your role.
The post holder will participate in the Leadership Team and be an integral member of the leadership team. The post holder will be expected to work collaboratively with managers to achieve the most efficient and effective use of resources.
While 78 Crawley Road is part of the forensic care delivery service, is not a forensic unit.
Main duties of the job
78 Crawley Rd is a 24 bedded enhanced rehabilitation unit:
The post holder will:
- Act as an Approved/Responsible Clinician for patient's subject to the mental health act and informal patients
- Provide statutory duties for the patients detained under the MHA
- Participate in the weekly referrals meeting
- Offer training to professional audiences as appropriate
- Participate in the consultant on-call rota.
- Develop a clinical leadership role within the multidisciplinary team and across the service as a whole and work with colleagues and management to ensure optimal service delivery.
- Participate in business planning for the service, as appropriate, contribution to the broader strategic and planning work of the CDS.
- Lead the improvement of the quality of care within the team and contribute to improving quality across the system.
- The post holder will be encouraged to contribute to other relevant management activities within the Directorate and the Trust. This might include participation in clinical governance activities, relevant working groups, or a future medical management post.
- To provide a regular liaison service to general adult psychiatric services in the catchment area regarding admissions to the service.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living in Sussexbefore then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including Hastings, Bexhill on Sea and Eastbourne
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
- GMC registration
- The post holder will be expected to be approved as an Approved Clinician or be willing to undertake training to obtain AC approval and will be expected to renew this approval according to agreed procedures.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit, service improvement
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.