To work as a skilled member of a multi professional service which includes assessment and treatment of persons who are experiencing significant/urgent mental health needs, and aims to provide individuals with alternatives to hospital admission, reduce unnecessary onward referrals, signpost effectively to other agencies, and reduce A & E attendances.
To manage a caseload of clients including those with complex needs, using evidence based / client centred principles to provide specialist Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment.
To take a lead in promoting a recovery focused model of care, which is responsive to service user and carer needs.
Main duties of the job
To work effectively as a member of the CRHT team in providing an appropriate range of assessments & treatments for patients experiencing an acute mental health need. To participate in MDT discussions, contributing to client formulation & treatment plans.
To select and apply appropriate OT assessments & treatments with patients in the community, usually within their home environment.
To plan & implement short-term and/or group interventions in collaboration with patients.
To identify longer term need for patients and refer/signpost to & liaise with appropriate services.
To have a firm understanding of Best Practice Principles for CRHT services & apply this to clinical practice.
To work flexibly & competently in the community & any given location to meet patients needs.
To establish effective communication with patients, carers & other health workers & agencies both internally & externally.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services
- Specialist learning disability services
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1 April 2020, after NHS England and NHS Improvement approved the merger of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving.
We currently employ over 3,000 members of staff and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds
Job description Job responsibilities Post Title: Crisis Resolution / Home Treatment Team (CRHT)
Senior Occupational Therapist (OT)
Reports To: (Title) CRHT Team Manger
Directorate/Department Urgent Care Crisis / Home Treatment
Salary Range: Band 6
Date: November 2022
Please see job description & person specification for more information
Person Specification Essential Essential
- diploma /degree in OT
- Registration with HCPC
- Evidence of further education & development
- Ability to carry out autonomous mental health assessments
- Excellent verbal written communication
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Care-planning, risk assessment & risk management skills
- IT Literate
- Experience of supervision of junior staff
- Effective team working & team building skills
- Ability to resolve problems & respond quickly to urgent care mental health needs
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Good interpersonal & customer care skills
- Proven post reg experience -minimum 18 months
- Specialist knowledge & application of OT & recovery models
- Extensive clinical experience including individual & group work
- Experience of working with peoplw who have deliberately self-harmed
- Experience of teaching & assessing in clinical practice
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent verbal & communication skills
- Ability to analyse professional & ethical issues
- Ability to reflect & critically appraise own performance.
- Ability to problem solve
- A good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health act & associated legislative framework
- Ability to embrace continual changes in organsational working culture, awareness of change
- Ability to manage own time & work under pressure
- Evidence of commitment to promoting patients & carers values
- Commitment to personal development
- Flexible approach to work
- Desire to work with other professionals/departments to enhance service delivery & meet organisational objectives
- Car driver & access to car
- Experience of working in CRHT
- Training in brief psychological therapies
- Caseload management & clinical supervisory experience
- Experience in quality care iniatives & audits
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.