We're a large NHS Mental Health Trust in South East England. We're looking for people to help us provide high quality services for the patients, carers and local communities we serve.
We want patients and staff to recommend our organisation as a place where they would be happy for their friends and family to be treated. You can help us do this by bringing your skills, experience and commitment to Sussex Partnership.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within East Sussex Rehabilitation Pathway for a Specialty Doctor with a passion for recovery focused and innovative service delivery.
Main duties of the job
We are seeking to recruit a Specialty Doctor who will be working alongside a highly specialist, motivated multi-disciplinary team consisting of two Consultant Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologist, Senior Nurse's, Support Workers, Occupational Therapist.
You will be based in a friendly team environmentand you will also have access to a dedicated admin support from an established administration team.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide Specialty Doctor network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in East Sussex.
Would you like an opportunity to join an expanding and developing service that is enjoying current investment to develop services and which places huge emphasis on the key role of rehabilitation for service users experiencing severe and enduring mental illness?
The post will support Amberstone Rehabilitation Service, Hastings and Eastbourne community hubs as part of the East Sussex Rehabilitation Pathway.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new, a service aimed at supporting service users on their own individual recovery journey as part of the East Sussex Rehabilitation Pathway. We offer:
The opportunity to be part of a developing clinical model and be part of on-going service development.
The opportunity to work within an excellent, committed team
Regular Reflective Practice and Case formulation discussions
Excellent training and development opportunities.
Reward package: NHS pension, national discount scheme, local discounts with health & leisure providers, discounted health & dental care plans, mindfulness groups, 24/7 free helpline providing confidential support to you and your immediate family, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, car lease scheme, interest free season travel ticket advance.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post-holder will be responsible for working with the Consultant Psychiatrist in the community and inpatient rehabilitation services.
Services are provided in a 28 bedded inpatient unit which takes patients mainly from East Sussex, but also from other areas which operates on the principal of open community rehab unit. Community rehab services have a new service in development which would strengthen already existing Assertive Outreach teams. The post holder will be working very closely within the multi-disciplinary team and taking a leading role in patient management under the supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist. This job will be divided, half in the community and half inpatient. The inpatient responsibilities would include attending MDT ward reviews and CPAs, writing reports and supporting the consultant in attending hearings when suitably trained and required. The community work would include supporting teams on both sides of the county and having home visits or clinics according to the needs of the patient.
The rehab service has gone through extensive changes and we are looking to develop further liaison from private/voluntary sector providers for community activities and placements. There are two other inpatient rehabilitation units in the Trust and they have been close links within these units to offer a shared vision of recovery.The Trusts rehab services aim to work closely with the Royal College to meet the standards set nationally.
The post holder will be encouraged to develop expertise in the field with gradually more independent work. If interested over time, could be supported to apply for Article 14 to go onto a specialist register if they fulfil the requirements. Our Trust is making a commitment to our speciality doctors to give them support and supervision to go for leadership roles and develop their careers to their utmost potential.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- 4 years at full-time postgraduate training or higher or equivalent experience with at least 2 years in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.