Are you a qualified High Intensity Therapist (CBT) who wants to join a dynamic, supportive, innovative service? Do you want to work in a vibrant and busy city with stunning national parks on the doorstep? This is a 60% Face to Face and 40% Remote Position.
Southampton Steps 2 Wellbeing is looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm, and a high level of skills and experience to join our highly motivated, professional and committed team. Full and part time hours are available. As an innovative service we offer the opportunity to utilise remote and flexible working to fit around the service and your home life, the role will involve face to face and remote working.
The successful candidate will be required to have a registered professional qualification in either nursing, social work, psychology or occupational therapy (HCPC) plus further post graduate qualification training in CBT (BABCP). All staff work as part of a team and receive regular clinical supervision. Good administrative, time management and communication skills are also essential.
Qualified candidates holding full BABCP accreditation will be appointed at Band 7.Qualified candidates who do not yet hold BABCP accreditation but who are working towards it can be appointed at Band 6 ['Preceptee Therapist']; these roles have a reduced, triaged caseload and receive additional support. We welcome informal enquiries and visits.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work with clients who have a range of Anxiety and Depression related problems for which CBT is demonstrated to be clinically effective. This post will support the other lead clinicians to ensure that national guidelines are adhered to in line with the national programme, targets are achieved and that the clinical governance arrangements are in place.
To provide evidence based psychological interventions to clients; providing specialist psychological assessment and therapy, offering advice and consultation on clients' psychological care to colleagues and to other non professional carers, working under supervision within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team's policies and procedures.
The Steps 2 Wellbeing service prides itself on being innovative and is passionate about development. We promote opportunities for career development and ongoing professional development including training in Long Term Health Conditions and other modalities of treatment such as EMDR, Mindfulness and IPT.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check. If you are interested in moving to Dorset we also offer a generous relocation package of £10,000. For further details on relocation expenses please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people. We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities. Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.
Job description Job responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Person Specification Additional Requirements Essential
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English, adequate to enable the post holder to carry out the role effectively.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications Essential
- Qualification from High Intensity IAPT Course [Post Graduate Diploma]
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of- nursing, social work, occupational therapy or a psychological therapy plus further post graduate qualification training in CBT.
- Significant experience working as a psychological therapy practitioner and demonstrating the competences as required.
- Accreditation with appropriate professional body (HPC, BABCP).
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional development
Skills / Experience / Knowledge base Essential
- Demonstrated experience of working in mental health services with clients who present with a range of mental health issues and degrees of complexity.
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrated high standards in written communication
- Experience with routine outcome monitoring
- Has received training [formal or through experience] and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice.
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Demonstrates and understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in primary care.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health/benefits and employment systems.
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems.
- Trained in provision of supervision for CBT
- Completed clinical audits within a service.
Personal Qualities / Aptitudes Essential
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships.
- Ability to use clinical supervision and personal development positively and effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality.
- Ability to be self reflective whilst working with service users and in own personal and professional development and in supervision.
- The ability and skills to act as an advocate for a new service, to engage and foster good professional relationships with all health professionals in promoting the good integration of this service with the wider health care system.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.