The North Yorkshire and York Community Eating Disorder Team for children and young people are looking to recruit highly motivated Band 5 Registered Nurse to join our multi-disciplinary team.
The Community Eating Disorder Service for children and young people is an established supportive team that offers assessment and a wide variety of evidence based treatment for young people and families.
We are looking to recruit a Band 5 Nurse to form an integral part of our team, working under the supervision of the multi disciplinary team to support in delivering a high quality service to the local population, and will be joining the team at an exciting time of change and development.
The North Yorkshire and York Community Eating Disorder Service is a locality wide team, with main bases in Orca House, York and Dragon Parade Clinic, Harrogate, with additional outreach into North Moor House, Northallerton and Lake House, Scarborough. The successful post holder will be based in York and will be expected to travel to Scarborough.
This post is only open to those candidates who already have their NMC registration in place and have successfully completed the preceptorship programme. Please note: Newly qualified applicants or those due to qualify will be recruited via a separate process.
Main duties of the job
You will be working with a caseload of service users, carrying out assessments and working in collaboration to support them in their recovery. This involves providing treatment utilising evidence-based psychological interventions for young people with eating disorders and their families. There will also be an opportunity to deliver training and run groups and to be involved in our physical health monitoring clinics.
The Eating Disorder Service in North Yorkshire and York is a multi disciplinary team including a range of professionals from different disciplines, skills and backgrounds. The service has developed significantly over the last two years and have worked towards providing an enhanced level of support to young people with eating disorders and their families. The team is friendly, supportive and keen to train and develop at all levels. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team which covers a wide geographical locality, that continues to strive towards further developing the support offered to young people and families.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RNMH, RNLD, RSCN or RGN current professional registration with NMC
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Evidenced based knowledge of best practice in caring for children and young people in the designated field.
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice
- Understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
- Clinical Governance and Clinical Supervision.
- Awareness of psychological models of care and treatment
- Working with people with mental ill health.
- Working in a person centred therapeutic organisation
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Working in partnership with other agencies
- Working with children and young people
- Working within a multi disciplinary team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.