We are seeking a Band 5 Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse to join us on Delderfield Ward at the Cedars in Exeter.
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to peoples lives to enjoy a better future?
You will quickly become part of a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team where youll be using your skills and experience to deliver a package of care to people on our ward that helps them on their road to recovery. We passionately believe that with our help, people can improve their mental health to recover independence and return to their local community.
Delderfied is an 17 bed acute unit based in the beautiful grounds of Wonford House in Exeter. Delderfield provides care for men & women with severe mental health needs.
Were looking for a Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse. You will be passionate about providing the highest level of care to the people who use our service.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team will mean youll need excellent communication skills and were always on the look-out for nurses who are keen to share new ideas and seek-out areas of improvement. Applications will be reviewed and interviews offered prior to the closing date; Please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
- Relocation package of up to £8k available
Main duties of the job Job Purpose
- To assess care needs, develop, implement and evaluate individual care plans.
- To provide named nurse role to people who use our service.
- To promote and improve quality of service provided.
- To manage the unit in the absence of Ward Manager / Team Leader
- To participate in the internal rotation system including weekend working
About us About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health & learning disability services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery. Our values
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Experience of Adult and/or Older Persons mental health nursing and the nursing process
- Experience of working with people with a diagnosis of dementia
- RMN/ Registered Nurse (Mental Health) with current registration.
- A willingness to complete Trust Mandatory Courses (will be required to complete and undertake relevant Physical Interventions training with adjustments considered if required)
- Knowledge of ordering, storing and administering required medications
- Knowledge of possible side effects of medication
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1987 (including updates)
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty safeguards
- Knowledge and skills in providing supervision
- Knowledge of CPA (Care Programme Approach)
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Understanding of Recovery principles in Mental Health
- Knowledge and understanding of both adult and childrens safeguarding guidance
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to form positive therapeutic relationships with service users, carers and other professional bodies.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to engage in and lead (when required) MDT meetings
- Ability to assess situations, make decisions, co-ordinate and organise appropriate responses.
- Have an awareness and ability to maintain personal boundaries.
- Able to risk assess
- To be able to plan and implement all aspects of nursing skills.
- To demonstrate effective leadership skills, promote effective role model across the ward environment.
- To attend Mandatory Training for either 5 day or 3 day restraint (as determined by manager/service), Breakaway, Manual Handling etc.
- To be able to work on the internal ward shift rotation which includes night duties
- To work to the Trust Data Protection and Confidentiality guidance/policy
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Work as an effective role model.
- Promote effective service delivery and future changes in a positive way
- Willingness to develop self
- Knowledge of RiO electronic case notes
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Devon Partnership NHS Trust
Delderfield Ward, The Cedars
https://www.dpt.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.