This post is only open to those candidates who already have their NMC registration in place and have successfully completed the preceptorship programme. Please note: Newly qualified applicants or those due to qualify will be recruited via a separate process.
CAMHs - Learning Disabilities Tees have a very rare vacancy at Baysdale Respite Service in Middlesbrough for a Registered Staff Nurse. Baysdale respite provides care to service users with profound and multiple learning disabilities, behaviours that challenge and autism. The service runs 24 hours a day seven days a week and nights and weekends are an expectation of the role. The role will involve supporting with personal care needs, administering medication, the assessment and monitoring of physical/mental health issues and liaising with other professionals around any concerns.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicants will be an effective communicator and demonstrate passion, promoting quality of life and independence. Leadership, delegation and the use of own initiative are also essential aspects of the role. This is a challenging but very rewarding role in a well-established team.
You will need excellent communication skills and be calm, confident and resilient in your approach. You will need to be able to form therapeutic relationships with people with learning disabilities and mental health needs.
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Please contact the unit for further information and we welcome informal visits. Additional contact details
Sarah Anable (Clinical Lead)
Colleen Hunt (Clinical Lead)
Tel: 01642 837308
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RNLD, professional registration with NMC
- Evidence of continuing development
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 teaching & assessing in clinical practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Working with people with learning disabilities and associated health conditions
- Working in a person centred therapeutic organisation
- Working in an inpatient environment
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Evidence based knowledge of best practice in caring for patients in learning disabilities
- Understanding of relevant legislation (eg Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act)
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice
- Clinical risk assessment and management and its application in practice
- Communicate complex and sensitive informaiton effectively to patients, carers/families
- Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Co-ordinate and prioritise the activties of a team
- Competency in ECG and venepunture
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.