We have two exciting opportunities for Senior Mental Health Practitioners to join the Home Treatment Team based at Haytor Ward in Torbay.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will deliver high quality comprehensive mental health services. The role involves managing a defined caseload with a focus on providing expert assessment and treatment for people with complex mental health difficulties and their carers. This will include recovery co-ordination (design and co-ordination of treatment packages that are personalised and evaluated in line with payment by results). To provide statutory Adult Social Care, Care Management functions (assessment, care planning and reviewing). The liaison with a wide range of statutory and non-statutory agencies is central to this role.
The post holder will contribute to the clinical leadership of the team, providing supervision for other members and participating in team and service development, and evaluation.
About us About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health, learning disability and neurodiversity services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery. Our values
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Leader Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Extensive post registration experience working at band 5 in mental health care working in at least two inpatient and one community settings or substantial experience in both inpatient and community settings within a mental health and/or learning disabilities setting?;
- Evidence of acting as nurse in charge on a regular basis;
- Substantial experience of managing/leading a busy caseload of clients with a range of mental health conditions within a community setting and without supervision;.
- Working within a community mental health setting in either the statutory or voluntary sector.
- Experience of clinically supervising junior and unqualified staff and mentoring students
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency environment.
- A professional mental health qualification eg RMN, Social Work Degree or equivalent, BSc/Diploma in OT, SROT, Chartered Clinical Psychologist, on the appropriate professional body register and hold current registration with no restrictions.
- Evidence of relevant continuing professional development
- Mentoring students in line with professional requirements
- A recognised relevant qualification in pharmacy or nursing
- Post graduate qualification relevant to specialism
Knowledge and skills Essential
- An understanding of the NSF and Mental Health Act/ Mental Health Capacity Act requirements.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage with clients experiencing a wide range of mental health problems.
- Able to own problems and get involved in the solutions.
- Able to plan creatively to maximise effectiveness of care plans.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent clinical assessment skills.
Physical Skills Essential
- Ability to be mobile across a geographical area to meet the requirements of the role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.