Are you newly registered, registering in summer 2023 and/or interested in mental health services
. We are seeking pharmacists with excellent clinical and communication skills to join our pharmacy team. For Band 6, newly qualified pharmacists and current foundation trainee pharmacists with an interest in mental health will be considered. For Band 7, you will have at least 2 years post-registration experience, have completed or be completing a post graduate clinical pharmacy qualification, and possess well-developed clinical pharmacy skills. We would also welcome applications pharmacists with experience in other sectors keen to explore new career opportunities in secondary care.
As well as the need to travel, your duties will include regular dispensary shifts in the main Trust dispensary in Chelmsford, so being a driver with access to your own vehicle is an essential requirement.
The post-holder will be supported to develop their clinical skills through funded postgraduate study, and to develop their management skills. For those without such qualifications already this would include post graduate Certificate or Diploma in clinical pharmacy practice or psychiatric therapeutics, as well as development as an independent prescriber.
We welcome applicants from any background, including community pharmacy, with the experience and passion to manage clinical services in a hospital setting.
Main duties of the job
You will provide clinical pharmacy services, enhancing the medicines-related care of patients, supporting the provision and development of medicines management services and participating in training, education, and audit as required. The department provides support to services including adult and older adult, secure, learning disability, CAMHS, and a mother and baby unit, at a wide range of locations. You will be based in one, but there will be a requirement to support other areas of Essex if necessary.
Your primary role will be to provide clinical services to a dedicated area, and to develop skills and knowledge to enable you to contribute to multi-disciplinary team meetings and ward rounds, and provide medicines education to patients, carers and staff. You will be supported by the senior pharmacists and pharmacy technicians within the team. You should be able to work on your own initiative as well as within a larger team.
You should have a Master's Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent, and have current registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council. You should be able to demonstrate evidence of postgraduate training, or equivalent experience, and continuing professional development in clinical pharmacy practice. Experience in psychiatry would be desirable, but is not essential to fulfil this role, as you would be supported to identify and meet your learning needs, for example to undertake further postgraduate training in psychiatric pharmacy.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To actively contribute to, and participate in, the provision and development of pharmaceutical services within the Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, as part of the Trusts pharmacy team.
- To participate as an active member of specific wards / unit / clinical teams, and support the safe and effective use of medicines.
- To contribute to the organisation and management of the clinical pharmacy service to specific wards / units / clinical teams.
- To provide clinical pharmacy advice on the management of patients with mental illness in order to maximise benefit and minimise risk in relation to medicines.
- To support and participate in clinical audit.
- To support in the education and training of staff groups.
See the Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Master's degree in Pharmacy or equivalent
- General Pharmaceutical Council registration
- PG certificate/diploma in mental health pharmacy or equivalent experience. Willing to work towards
- Member of the RPS / Faculty membership
- Independent prescriber / willing to work towards
- Certificate in management studies / equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Evidence of CPD
- Evidence of tutoring and training
- Evidence of writing procedures, guidelines etc
Skills / experience Essential
- IT/Computer skills
- Relevant post registration experience / including mental health
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of clinical audit
- Experience of managing staff
Personal Qualities Essential
- Demonstrates Trust beliefs and values and models these
- Driving licence / access to a car
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.