We are looking for a confident Senior Staff Nurse (RMN / RNLD) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You'll be working 33, 38.5 or 44 hours a week (including days, nights and weekends 07:30 - 20:00/ 19:30 - 08:00), making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Hospital DerbyMain duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every dayAbout us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10,000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Staff Nurse (RMN or RNLD) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You'll be working either 33, 38.5 or 44 hours a week at Cygnet Hospital Derby.The Hospital provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model.
We are looking for Senior Nurses to join us and deliver the best quality of care within all of our wards, including Litchurch Ward, our male low secure ward, and the Wyvern Unit, our mental health rehabilitation service for men. As well as Alvaston Ward, our specialist low secure service for women with a primary diagnosis of personality disorder, which is one of the leading services of its kind in the East and West Midlands.
Cygnet Hospital Derby is built to low secure specifications, and service users have access to therapy and leisure facilities including a fully equipped gym, art room, IT classroom and therapy kitchen. Following an assessment visit by a peer review team Cygnet Hospital Derby was given an excellent 87% score in its 2020 review by the Quality Network for Forensic Mental Health Service
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether its saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure or securing your future with professional development and a pension we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your day-to-day
Why Cygnet? Well offer youSalary:Male Wards:
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments & observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, & improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives & other healthcare professionals
- Administer medicines within healthcare procedure & Healthcare Commission guidelines
- Act up in the absence of the ward manager
- Participate in the managers on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward based staff, outside of normal working hours.
- Act as the Unit Co-ordinator for all wards at Cygnet Derby in absence of Senior management on a rotational basis.
£20 per hour / £40,040 per annum (Based on working 38.5 hours per week) Alvaston Ward:
£21 per hour / £42,042 per annum (Based on working 38.5 hours per week) As well as
- Up to £3,000 relocation package
- Increase in hourly rate after 18 months of employment
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Bank Holidays enhancements at 66%
- 2 Week Induction Period
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
An experienced RMN/RNLD with a current Pin Number, youll have Essential:
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
Cygnet Health Care
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research & assessment
has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.What next?
If you care about making a difference we want to talk to you!Click the button to apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.