Full time or Part timeavailable An exciting opportunity has arisen at EPUT for an experienced, registered pharmacy technician to join the specialist pharmacy team at Essex Partnership University Trust. This post will be based at Chelford Court in Chelmsford and will be focused on providing essential pharmacy services such as dispensing, accuracy checking and Clozapine management across Bedfordshire, Essex and Suffolk.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of influencing others. You should be able to resolve issues identified and communicate effectively with service users, care staff, hospital staff and the wider pharmacy team.
The post holder must possess excellent interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills and be flexible. You will be self-motivated, able to work independently and above all will be passionate about providing the highest standards of care to service users.
If you wish to join our friendly, dynamic team and have the ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy and professionalism we look forward to hearing from you.
Main duties of the job
To participate in the provision and development of pharmaceutical services within the Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, as part of the Trust's pharmacy team. Provide technical support to the dispensary including formulating and compounding pharmaceuticals, dispensing and accuracy checking prescriptions.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
o Season Ticket Loans
o NHS discounts for staff
o Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
o Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
o The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
o Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
o Day One Flexible Employer
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Job description Job responsibilities
- Dispense in-patient, out-patient, and leave/discharge prescriptions and clinical trial materials. Process prescriptions using the pharmacy IT system; select, compile, package and label and record prescription items according to departmental procedure.
- Final check clinically screened prescriptions and orders prepared by other pharmacy staff, before release to the ward or unit.
- Maintain controlled drug register, making entries, checking and reconciling stock as appropriate.
- Assess suitability of pharmaceutical products for return to stock. Return items using the pharmacy IT system, or dispose of according to departmental procedure.
- Assist with order checking, unpacking and storage of stock, ensuring appropriate stock rotation.
- Process ward stock orders using the pharmacy IT system, pick and package orders for delivery.
- Take an active role in the pharmacy team and provide support to less experienced staff.
- Seek advice from senior pharmacy colleagues as appropriate in order to provide advice to clinicians
- Take part in weekend, bank holiday, early and late working rotas, as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation relating to the use of medicines, including the Medicines Act, Misuse of Drugs Act, Human Medicines Regulations etc.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Pharmacy experience
- Hospital experience
- Accuracy Checking
Personal qualities Essential
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Empathy skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.