Calling all Clinical/Counselling Psychologists – are you looking for a role where you focus on the delivery of treatments, consultation and leadership with no routine initial assessments? Are you passionate and committed with an interest in ensuring excellent psychological care is accessible for children and young people with complex mental health needs from diverse backgrounds? If so, we have an exciting job for you…
There has never been a better time to join our Children & Young People’s Services Community Team (CCT, formerly CAMHS) in Surrey & Borders NHS Foundation Trust in our newly developed Surrey Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health (EWMH) Service. The CCT is a well established, highly supportive and friendly team of experienced and trainee clinicians, who meet and work regularly together as an MDT to provide excellent care to children, young people and families and support for each other.
We are looking for psychologists who are creative, highly motivated, show initiative and are passionate and committed for ensuring high quality services for young people with mental health needs. We have new opportunities to join an existing Psychology team in West Surrey Community Team and successful candidates will be based in either Guildford or Frimley
Main duties of the job
Band 8a Job Overview: To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the psychological needs of people using our services. • To mentor, supervise and teach qualified and unqualified staff including students • Promoting a psychological perspective both within teams and sharing with other colleagues • Work collaboratively with team managers/ Clinical leads in the development and delivering of effective services • The postholder will be expected to work flexibly within the service • To lead on complex and challenging cases and develop expertise within area of specialism • Participating in the recruitment and selection of staff • Leading on a specific service development projects
As part of a busy CYPS Directorate and alongside our Alliance Partnership including local voluntary sector organisations, you will be ensuring children, young people and families are at the centre of decision making to promote person centred care and outcomes, you will support the Community Team in the implementation of the getting help and getting more help elements of the THRIVE framework.
You will be joining at a very exciting time, as our services transform to adopt the Thrive Framework in close collaboration with the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust and the Surrey Wellbeing Partnership. The CYPS directorate is supported by an active Learning and Development Team, with regular training and CPD opportunities being provided. You will have access to high quality supervision and support to develop specialist skills and relevant accreditation. The service has excellent links with the Clinical Psychology course at the University of Surrey.
Changing the way in which we deliver services, the THRIVE Framework is an integrated, person centred and needs led approach to delivering mental health services for children, young people and families. Emphasis is placed on the promotion of mental health and wellbeing, and for children, young people, and their families to be empowered to be actively involved in decisions about their care through shared decision making, and access to evidenced based interventions.
Job description Job responsibilities
• To carry out comprehensive psychological and cognitive assessments and formulation, plan implement and evaluate delivery of psychology interventions and consultations to support people with specific and complex needs. • To actively involve people in developing and agreeing their own care plan, to act as an advocate and ensure that there is proper regard for their dignity, choice, self-esteem, racial, cultural, sexual and religious needs and preferences.• To conduct and lead on clinical audit, quality assurance and research, maintaining current knowledge of research findings and development within specific care group • To develop and provide a range of specialist teaching/training packages which can be delivered to a range of multi-disciplinary audiences. • To positively contribute to divisional and team developments in relation to all aspects of psychology practice.
Please see the Job Description for full details
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology qualification or equivalent
- Completion of an appropriate clinical supervision course to enable supervision of trainees (or completion within 12 months of commencement in post)
- - Experience of working with people from across the life span with a range of mental health issues and cognitive profiles.
- - Experience across a range of psychological models including systemic, behavioural and individual therapeutic
- - Demonstrable post registration/clinical experience and competency relevant to this care group.
- - Experience of contributing to clinical practice/service development / project work.
- - Experience of supervising assistant and trainee clinical psychologists
- - Demonstrable interest/skill in a relevant specialist area.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
SABP, Azalea House
Farnham Road Hospital, Bray Road
https://www.sabp.nhs.uk/working-for-us (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.