We are delighted to bring to advert two Consultant Psychiatrist posts at Clifton House Low Secure Unit in York. Each post is 10 PA's. One post is to run the Male Mental Illness service comprising a 12 bed ward, a small outpatient case load and gatekeeping/risk assessments. The second post is to run the equivalent Female Mental Illness Service. Although a forensically trained candidate is preferred, training and support is available to enable a psychiatrist with general training to develop into the role.Main duties of the job
Are you committed to providing high quality patient care? WE need you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health.
Here are Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT) we are an organisation committed to providing high quality care to improve health and lives which seeks to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice and while maintaining the values of simplicity, integrity and care for those in need.
The Trust strategy is built upon three priorities:
- Delivering great care that is high quality and improves lives
- Providing a rewarding and supportive place to work
- Using resources to deliver effective and sustainable services
As a medical workforce, we provide outstanding secondary care mental health services that allow our service users to feel that they are safe and receiving the latest, high quality, evidence-based care, delivered by motivated, engaged and compassionate staff, who feel supported and enabled to grow in the workplace and the systems we provide. Further information can be found hereAbout us
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing including:
- Excellent relocation package(if applicable)
- Annual leave entitlement as per the terms and conditions of Consultant contract,
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Wide -range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
This is a 10 PA post plus a 1% category B availability for out of hours on-call duties.
As well as financial support for relocation (up to £8,000*), we want to understand what flexibility means to you, do you want to work condensed hours? Do you have caring responsibilities? Is there a certain day which you cannot work for personal reasons? Then talk to us.
*subject to conditions.
What you will get:
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Personalised Coaching and Mentoring
- Weekly academic teaching
- Access to NHS Leadership and Development opportunities, including opportunity to become an appraiser and educational / training development opportunities
- Annual Medical Leadership development day
- Generous study leave allowance (averaging 10 days per year and up to 30 days leave over 3 years with a budget of £1000 per annum)
Career and pastoral support from SAS Tutor and SAS AdvocateJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful candidates will join the Clifton House MDT and work alongside other enthusiastic team members in achieving the very best standards of care for the patients in a service which has attracted new funding to play a key role in the Humber Coast and Vale ICS.
The post holders will form part of the wider Forensic Service which includes well established services in Leeds where there are three Consultant Psychiatrists. There are exciting opportunities to become involved in teaching, research, leadership and management. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Full registration with the GMC
- Licence to practice in the UK
- Higher specialist training in the Forensic Psychiatry or General Adult Psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.