Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
(LYPFT) is looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Low Secure Service based at the Newsam Centre, Leeds. The successful candidate will join two other full time substantive Consultants who are in post. Although a Forensically trained psychiatrist is preferred, a candidate with general adult training would be considered. The post is to help run the male mental illness pathway.Main duties of the job
Are you committed to providing high quality patient care? WE need you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health.
Here are Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT) we are an organisation committed to providing high quality care to improve health and lives which seeks to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice and while maintaining the values of simplicity, integrity and care for those in need.
The Trust strategy is built upon three priorities:
- Delivering great care that is high quality and improves lives
- Providing a rewarding and supportive place to work
- Using resources to deliver effective and sustainable services
As a medical workforce, we provide outstanding secondary care mental health services that allow our service users to feel that they are safe and receiving the latest, high quality, evidence-based care, delivered by motivated, engaged and compassionate staff, who feel supported and enabled to grow in the workplace and the systems we provide. Further information can be found hereAbout us
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing including:
- Excellent relocation package(if applicable)
- Annual leave entitlement as per the terms and conditions of Consultant contract,
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Wide -range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
This is a 10 PA post plus a 1% category B availability for out of hours on-call duties.
As well as financial support for relocation (up to £8,000*), we want to understand what flexibility means to you, do you want to work condensed hours? Do you have caring responsibilities? Is there a certain day which you cannot work for personal reasons? Then talk to us.
*subject to conditions.
What you will get:
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Personalised Coaching and Mentoring
- Weekly academic teaching
- Access to NHS Leadership and Development opportunities, including opportunity to become an appraiser and educational / training development opportunities
- Annual Medical Leadership development day
- Generous study leave allowance (averaging 10 days per year and up to 30 days leave over 3 years with a budget of £1000 per annum)
Career and pastoral support from SAS Tutor and SAS AdvocateJob descriptionJob responsibilities
We are a part of the Quality Network for Forensic Mental Health Services (QNFMHS). The QNFMHS was set up in 2006 by the College Centre for Quality Improvement (CCQI) and by a multidisciplinary approach facilitates quality improvement through a peer review process.
We adhere to Low Secure Services performance indicators and best practice guidelines.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Inclusion on the Specialist Register or CCT in General Adult Psychiatry
- Approved Clinician Status
- Experience working in WAA services
- Ability to interpret published research
- Good communication skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.