Are you committed to providing high quality patient care? WE need you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health.
Here are Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT) we are an organisation committed to providing high quality care to improve health and lives which seeks to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice and while maintaining the values of simplicity, integrity and care for those in need.
The Trust strategy is built upon three priorities:
- Delivering great care that is high quality and improves lives
- Providing a rewarding and supportive place to work
- Using resources to deliver effective and sustainable services
As a medical workforce, we provide outstanding secondary care mental health services that allow our service users to feel that they are safe and receiving the latest, high quality, evidence-based care, delivered by motivated, engaged and compassionate staff, who feel supported and enabled to grow in the workplace and the systems we provide. Further information can be found hereMain duties of the job
This is a 10 PA post plus a 1% category B availability for out of hours on-call duties.
As well as financial support for relocation (up to £8,000*), we want to understand what flexibility means to you, do you want to work condensed hours? Do you have caring responsibilities? Is there a certain day which you cannot work for personal reasons? Then talk to us.
*subject to conditions.
What you will get:
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Personalised Coaching and Mentoring
- Weekly academic teaching
- Optional Consultant Balint group
- Access to NHS Leadership and Development opportunities, including opportunity to become an appraiser and educational / training development opportunities
- Annual Medical Leadership development day
- Generous study leave allowance (averaging 10 days per year and up to 30 days leave over 3 years with a budget of £1000 per annum
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing including:
- Excellent relocation package(if applicable)
- Annual leave entitlement as per the terms and conditions of Consultant contract,
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Wide -range of Health & Wellbeing benefit
We are a high quality, high performing NHS foundation trust. We are the main provider of specialist mental health and learning disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist inpatient services in York as well as some highly specialised services across the country.We employ around 3,000 staff and every year we have contact with over 25,000 service users. Our vision is to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice. Our ambition is to support our service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives. We need people like you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health. We perform well againstlocal and national targetsand inour most recent CQC inspection, 85% of our services were rated good or outstanding.As a teaching trust with strong links to local universities, we are a centre of excellence for teaching,research and development.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe Consultant Psychiatrist will work alongside a large MDT leading on management of inpatients. The Consultant will be supported by a fulltime Specialty Doctor, Higher Trainee a Core Trainee and Foundation Year Doctor. The Consultant will play a key role in the medical and clinical leadership of the ward. The option is also available too for the Consultant to become the medical lead for the inpatient service with additional remuneration at 1PA.We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrists to join our well established MDT and Senior Leadership Team in the acute adult inpatient service at LYPFT. The Consultant will be the Responsible Clinician, working with the MDT to assess, review, prescribe, formulate and treat inpatients admitted to the ward. The majority of inpatients are detained under the MHA. LYPFT has a proven track record in teaching and training medical students and junior doctors, as well as excellent opportunities for developing clinical and medical leadership. Please evidence how you fit the shortlisting criteria in your application form.Person SpecificationFull GMC Registration AC approved and member of RCPsychEssential
WAA clinical experienceEssential
- On GMC specialist register or within 6 months of CCT/CESR; current AC approval and current member of RCPsych
- Experience of working in working age adult psyhciatry
Quality improvement experienceEssential
- Record of teaching and training at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
- Description of QIP eg clinical audit/service evaluation/development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.