Specialist Speech and Language Therapist Band 7 Adult Community Services Fixed Term - 12 months Full Time 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust for two full time, fixed term Speech and Language Therapist Advanced Practitioners for Dysphagia within our speech and language therapy (SLT) team. The team provides assessment and therapy to adult patients who have acquired communication and swallowing difficulties.
The successful applicant will be an experienced independently practicing dysphagia clinician with a passion for supporting people with feeding and swallowing needs in the community.
Main duties of the job
We are committed to developing a progressive approach to SLT service delivery, involving enhanced triage, telehealth and domiciliary/outpatient visits. The successful applicant will have collective responsibility in triage, assessment and treatment; applying clinical knowledge and skills to produce substantial profiles of presenting conditions at triage, in preparation for case management via telephone and video consultations. There will be opportunity for remote working along with direct patient contact in nursing homes, outpatient clinics and patient's homes.
North Staffordshire is a large geographic area. There is a high volume of patients with swallowing disorders and a broad spectrum of underlying conditions. This presents excellent opportunities for CPD, expanding clinical knowledge and skills and varied, stimulating work.
We have maintained a high quality service throughout the pandemic, adapting our approach utilising remote and face to face case management, as well as unprecedented levels of supervision, mentorship and peer support. Moving forward in the circumstances the successful applicant will make an important and valuable contribution to optimising this model and shaping our future service delivery, supported by our excellent speech and language therapy assistant practitioners and team of clerical staff.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
We pride ourselves on the services provided to support with the well-being of all of our employees both physically and mentally and offer counselling support and lifestyle information. Opportunities for flexible working are also available depending on the role.
We encourage career development provided by in house training programs and coaching support.
As part of our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, we welcome applications from candidates who meet the specific criteria, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical and/or mental disability or offending background.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Be competent as appropriate to the requirements of the role.
- Demonstrate at all times the Partnership Trust Values of: Putting Quality First,
- We Care About People and We Take Responsibility.
- Be a Speech and Language Therapist Advanced Practitioner and have adetailed professional and clinical knowledge. They will be an advanced clinicalpractitioner and have a focus in one of the following areas; adult acquiredcommunication disorders and dysphagia and/or adults with learning disabilities.
- Be responsible for a defined population of service users in a variety of settingsacross the Partnership Trust including the community and hospitals.
- Be skilled in the assessment of complex/specialist care/support needs and inthe development, implementation and evaluation of care/support packages.
- Have supervisory, training and leadership responsibilities where appropriateand will have some responsibility for team performance and servicedevelopments/improvements.
- Demonstrate initiative and be creative in finding solutions to problems.
- Work with the team leader undertaking delegated tasks in team management.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with HCPC
- Post Graduate RCSLT accredited dysphagia course or equivalent
- Modules at Masters level that equates to at least half a Masters qualification. Modules at Masters level that equates to at least half a Masters qualification
- Masters qualification in relevant area that will support the delivery of the service
- Post qualification courses/training in area of specialism
- Attendance at relevant Clinical Excellence Networks
- Up to date field work/pre-registration student training
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Bentilee Neighbourhood Centre
https://www.mpft.nhs.uk (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.