This an exciting opportunity to join the consultant body of City & Hackney Mental Health Services. There is one part-time fixed-term 9 months posts at 6PAs for the Early Intervention in Psychosis service. This role has come about as the current post-holder is on maternity leave.
The post-holder will be working in EQUIP, the Early Intervention in Psychosis service in City & Hackney. The appointee will have clinical responsibility for the care of patients who experience a first episode of psychosis, and will provide clinical leadership to the team, alongside another full-time substantive consultant psychiatrist working in the team.
The City & Hackney consultant psychiatrists' group is known to be supportive and inclusive, and ELFT is recognised for its emphasis on clinical leadership, patient-centred approach and service-user involvement.
Main duties of the job
The consultant psychiatrist provides input and clinical leadership to EQUIP, the Early Intervention in Psychosis service in City & Hackney. They are also liaising with the dedicated inpatient Early Intervention team. They have an overseeing and supervision role (including to junior doctors) for clinical cases in the team. ELFT has received regular investment in the team and this is an exciting opportunity to further develop an innovative and forward-thinking service.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information please see attached job description and person specification. Please contact recruitment manager for further information on the role.
The role will be split between two sites:
Donald Winnicott Centre, Coate Street, London E2 9AG and Vivienne Cohen House, Homerton High St, Crozier Terrace, London E9 6AT
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Medical degree, MBBS or equivalent
- Eligible for inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register or Specialist Registrar within 6 months of gaining CCT.
- Section 12 Approval (Mental Health Act) and eligible to be on the register of Approved Clinicians (MHA, 2007).
Academic and Research Essential
- Able and willing to teach medical students and lecture on undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Interest & willing to supervise research projects
- Published research
Personal skills Essential
- Ability to train and supervise junior medical staff / medical students / staff from other disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Commitment to/skills in multidisciplinary working
- Commitment to working with service users in ongoing services development.
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to work with a diverse population.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Commitment to engagement in clinical governance.
- Management, performance and leadership courses.
Physical requirements Essential
- Able to travel between sites as required.
- Good experience of working in community psychiatry services
- Experience of Early Intervention in Psychosis
- Experience of working with severe mental illness
- Specific experience and knowledge of psycho- pharmacology relevant to psychosis
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.