A great opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, suitably qualified, experienced, confident and forward thinking individual to work as a Clinical Lead , specifically on our Female PIC ward - Byron
You must be able to provide clinical leadership and motivation to develop the existing staff whilst maintaining high professional standards, demonstrating commitment to staff development and patient care.
You will promote and maintain high standards of care whilst supporting and assisting to implement local and national strategies and initiatives.
You will need to possess excellent interpersonal skills, have leadership and staff development skills. A strong commitment to your ongoing professional education and development is essential.
Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will be expected be able to rotate across the specialty areas and be able to work shifts covering 24 hours, seven days a week.
You will be required to deputise for the Ward Manager on occasion, support the ward manager in completing audits, supervision and monitoring of staff.
If you would like to discuss this post further or want to arrange an informal visit please contact the PICU Matron
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
For more details on this vacancy please review the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RNMH)
- Preparation of mentors certificate, ENB 998, or equivalent
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of quality and audit
- An ability to undertake control and restraint training
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of team building and practice development
- Thorough knowledge of the mental health act 1983
- An understanding of, and an ability to performance manage junior staff
- Ability to conduct management supervision
- Demonstrates knowledge of ward manager responsibilities and capability to act in the role in the absence of same
- Experience of working within mental health services at band 5
- Experience of working within adult acute mental health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.