Band 7 Senior Practitioner for Milton Keynes Peripatetic Team
Rough Sleepers (Drugs, Alcohol and Mental Health) Outreach service
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a new team operating in the community within Milton Keynes. We are seeking an experienced Mental Health practitioner to lead a multidisciplinary team to help engage with the homeless population who use drug and alcohol and have mental health needs to help engage in community-based treatment to secure long-term accommodation.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings
Main duties of the job
The role will be within the Addiction Recovery Community (ARC) team, predominantly community-facing, working in sites across the area. You will be a registered mental health professional, experienced in working within addiction psychiatry or mental health services, with demonstrable ability to engage with hard to reach individuals to provide treatment, outside of structured treatment settings. You will have proven leadership and managerial skills to help implement and develop this new service.
We are passionate about delivering first-class patient-centred, safe and effective care, whether it is in a hospital setting, in a community clinic or in the patients own home. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Providing top quality care depends on our ability to employ the best people. Were always looking to recruit outstanding people who will go the extra mile to support our patients, colleagues, teams and the Trust. With every new employee were hoping to find our future leaders and well support our staff by providing opportunities to develop your career.With a diverse culture and equally diverse range of opportunities across mental health, community services, addictions, eating disorders, learning disabilities and more whatever stage of your career you're at, there's always a place for you at CNWL.
Job description Job responsibilities
To provide specialist drug and alcohol outreach clinics for local hostels andorganised health services in the Milton Keynes catchment area.
To work as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the management andtreatment provision of a range of specialist services to problem drinkers and problematic drug takers rough sleeping or residing in Milton Keynes Hostels including harm minimisation approaches, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention, ITEP care planning, individual intervention, general health assessment, wound assessment and management, injecting site assessment, lifestyle assessment and physical health assessment including blood glucose and urine multistix tests. The role includes using skills in mental health assessment and referral to appropriate mental health services and group work.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered RMN / RN
- Evidence of continuing personal development and post-registration training in the nursing care, assessment and treatment substance misuse clients.
- Diploma in Drugs and Alcohol Studies or equivalent qualification
- Training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Experience in Mental or general Health
- Experienced in the supply and administration of Hepatitis vaccines
- Experienced and competent in the supply and administration of CNWL Trust Hepatitis Patient Group Directions
- Extensive clinical and case management experience
- Community Nursing Experience
- Experience of working in and delivering services to injecting drug users.
- Sound clinical knowledge and understanding of current NHS policies and national drug issues/policies.
- Experience of working with stimulant users and people with alcohol problems.
- Experience of group facilitation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.