This post is a Specialty Doctor post in liaison psychiatry at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. This post is within the Consultant led Cwm Taf Liaison Service.
The post can be full time, maximum part time or job share by negotiation.
The post holder will be clinically responsible to a Consultant in Liaison Psychiatry, Dr Emily Sherley, managerially responsible to Dr Mary Self, Clinical Group Service Director, Mental Health Directorate and professionally responsible to Mr Dom Hurford, Medical Director.
Main duties of the job
The post will be based at the Prince Charles Hospital with fixed commitments at Royal Glamorgan Hospital but the post holder will be expected to work at other Health Board premises and at other sites within the district. A significant degree of flexibility with respect to the organisation of work will be required.
Office accommodation with dedicated IT facilities is provided at
the Royal Glamorgan Hospital. Electronic patient records (FACE) are used in some areas of Mental Health services but the post holder will be expected to use whatever records system is in use in the clinical area where they are working. There is ample access to appropriate IT systems in all offices and clinical areas. E-mail, internet access and electronic access to clinical information systems will be available. The post is supported by full time administrative and secretarial staff.
Duty commitments of the Speciality Doctor relate principally to meeting service requirements but the Directorate believes that individual training needs are also extremely important and is proactive in supporting these. Regulations for the employment of Speciality Doctor allow for flexibility in the deployment, location and roistering of available sessions in consultation with the responsible Consultants.
Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to:
- Provide senior clinical input to the assessment and management of patients referred to the service.
- Work with other members of the clinical team to review referred patients and advise on management.
- Participate in and contribute to regular team meetings.
- Facilitate post discharge reviews when appropriate, supervised by the consultant psychiatrist. This may involve liaison with local CMHT services, General Practitioners and non-NHS care settings.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with members of the team, other teams and services within the Directorate, other hospital departments and with external agencies (including, but not restricted to, General Practitioners, Social Services. And other Services) by whatever means are appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate clinical records and undertake necessary correspondence and administration.
- Support the team with routine administrative duties.
- Write reports as required.
Full details on attached JD
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- M.B.B.S. or equivalent.
- Full registration with GMC
- Additional relevant postgraduate qualification.
- S.12(2) approval.
- Relevant Clinical Qualification
- Comprehensive training and experience in psychiatry.
- Familiarity with UK hospital systems and practice.
- Three years experience at CT level in adult psychiatry
- Experience of acting as s12(2) doctor or Responsible Clinician
- More than three years experience at CT or higher level in adult psychiatry.
- Able to undertake duties to Specialty Doctor level
- Competence in current assessment and treatment
- Competence in risk assessment and management.
- Understanding of relevant clinical, legal and policy issues.
Personal Attributes Essential
- Proven commitment to team approach and multi-disciplinary working
- Capacity to work under pressure and respond flexibly to varying demands.
- Evidence of clinical leadership.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.