Do you want to see Mental Health Rehab Services where occupation is at the centre of the model? Are you passionate about empowering people to live independently and engage with their local community? Are you ready to be supported to develop your skills in this area? If so, we have the perfect post for you.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Enhanced Rehabilitation Outreach Service (EROS) at Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT). The trust is rated as Outstanding by the CQC and was the HSJ Mental Health Trust of the Year in 2021. The service is currently implementing an exciting expansion and redesign. Our new model will reduce inpatient admissions, reduce length of stays and provide person centred support to service users in their communities.
Main duties of the job
The EROS team is instrumental in supporting service users with serious mental illness. They support Service Users to be independent through providing recovery focused interventions within Community Rehabilitation pathways and work in an integrated manner to promote treatment continuity for patients and ensure positive treatment outcomes. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing Occupational Therapy assessment and interventions
- Managing a caseload of service users with complex OT needs
- Using evidence based and client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions in community settings, placements and on home visits
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the Enhanced Rehabilitation Outreach Service
- Providing leadership for junior staff, through supervision and appraisal
- Working with a range of professionals, service users and carers
We have robust CPD opportunities in the trust for all our AHPs. We are looking for someone keen to grow and develop into this new role. You would also have access to a wide range of inhouse learning opportunities as well as mentoring and coaching alongside supervision.
Hertfordshire is a beautiful county with picturesque, rural villages and a number of lovely, vibrant towns and garden cities. Ranked in 2016, by uSwitch Better Family Life Index, as the best place to raise a family, Hertfordshire scored highly on top exam results, good pay prospects, high employment rates, fast broadband and better weather than other towns in the Index! It is also well known for its excellent schools, stunning countryside and fantastic local facilities which provide plenty of opportunities to relax and enjoy yourself away from work. There are good transport links across the county and it's simple to get into London if you want to enjoy the benefits of the capital, without the costly living and travelling expenses.
Job description Job responsibilities
Car driver essential, or access to a car (unless you have a disability as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995).
We offer our staff a wide range of benefits including work life balance policies, childcare savings, a free Counselling Service, Occupational Health Services, excellent pension scheme and NHS shopping discounts.
For more of an insight into what it is like to work with the EROS service please click on the link to view a video about what our staff, service users and carers think: https://youtu.be/OXW4k8qqUrw
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Experience of working with people with mental health problems/learning disability
- Experience of working with people living with severe and enduring mental health issues
- Post registration experience in a relevant clinical setting
- Experience in a range of clinical settings with experience of providing both individual and group work
- Knowledge and experience of using the Model of Human Occupation and MoHO assessment tools
- Experience of generic and specialist Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions
- Experience at having worked at Band 6 level
- Experience in providing advice, support, and clinical supervision to junior staff and/or students
- Experience in research or audit
- Supervision and appraisals
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of team dynamics
- Training and facilitation skills
- Supervisory skills
- Experience in delivering presentations and/or active part in learning opportunities, e.g. leading professional development sessions
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.