This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Art Psychotherapist to join our Forensic Services (Low Secure). We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, who is able to work within an emotionally demanding environment to deliver high quality and effective arts therapy provision across our low secure inpatient unit. We need someone who can work with a high degree of autonomy, who can use initiative in making decisions, is skilled in scoping and forming links with other services and who also works well within teams. An ability to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of managing risk and relational security when working with this client group is essential.
Main duties of the job
- Develop and provide Arts Therapies to service users with a range of mental/health needs in a range of settings as required, employing the following specialist skills:
- Plan and develop specialist Arts Therapies with a particular focus on group work in liaison with the Lead Arts Therapist and Multi-disciplinary colleagues
- Assess referred service users, plan and deliver Arts Therapies interventions including in-patient service user/out-patient service user follow-up as required, taking into account risk factors, and complexity of presentation, service user's need, and service priorities.
Offer specialist treatment for those who would benefit from psychological therapy but find primarily verbal therapy difficult to access e.g. due to thought disorder, cognitive difficulties, emotional withdrawal, language barriers, risk etc.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please could you kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Education and Training Essential
- oDegree in relevant area
- oMA ( or equivalent) in post title Arts Therapies modality
- oFor Art Therapist/Psychotherapist, Music Therapist and Dramatherapist : registration with HCPC
- oFor Dance Movement Psychotherapists: registration with ADMP UK
- oMembership of Arts Therapies professional Body
- oClinical Supervision Training
- oFurther training in an area of psychological practice relevant to the post's clinical area.
- oPost qualification experience as an Arts Therapist working with this client group in both group and individual work.
- oWorking with service users with challenging and/or unpredictable behavior.
- oClinical supervision of a trainee Arts Therapist
- oAssessing Service Users and making recommendations to a Multi-disciplinary team
- oProviding Arts therapies as part of research or clinical trial
- oWorking as an Arts Therapist in a Multi-Disciplinary team
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oAbility to adapt and use a range of specialist skills in skills in individual and group based arts therapies assessments and interventions.
- oAbility to treat service users with respect and dignity at all times using a culturally competent holistic approach.
- oAbility to assess and manage exposure to potential hazards including frequent verbal aggression and risk of physical aggression while maintaining own, client and general public safety
- oAbility to work with trauma and contain emotional impact through clinical supervision and team support systems.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.