The EIP Team in Redcar and Cleveland have an exciting opportunity for a Mental Health Practitioner to join their established multi-disciplinary team.
Main duties of the job
As a senior nurse, you will form part of the leadership structures of the team offering supervision and guidance to newly qualified and junior staff.
You will provide evidenced based interventions as required.
You will provide assessments of need and develop collaborative care plans with patients and families.
This rewarding post will offer opportunities for continued professional development and training with links to local university courses, where post-grad qualifications can be supported. The successful applicants will receive regular appraisal, clinical and management supervision and will benefit from the support of an experienced and committed multi-disciplinary leadership team.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. A lease car scheme is in operation as well as other NHS staff benefits.
We want you to be part of Our Journey to Change. This is our vision for where we want to be in five years' time - it explains why we do what we do, the kind of organisation we want to be and the three big goals we're committing to over the next five years.
It's the result of our biggest ever listening exercise and really importantly it's been co-created with staff, patients, carers and partners.
What do we want to achieve?
We want people to lead their best possible lives. Our alues
The most important way we will get there is by living our values all of the time. These are:
- Respect - listening, inclusive, working in partnership
- Compassion - kind, supporting, recognising and celebrating
- Responsibility - honest, learning, ambitious
We are committed to three big goals:
- To co-create a great experience for our patients, carers and families.
- To co-create a great experience for our colleagues
- To be a great partner
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for further detailed information regarding the role and main responsibilities.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current professional registration with an approved professional body
- evidence of CPD
- For registered nurses: MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Recognised sign-off mentor, clinical educator or equivalent. Must be achieved within agreed timescale
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a care environment.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Providing clinical supervision to individuals or groups as professionally appropriate.
- Quality improvement activities
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.