An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist at Langley Green Hospital. Amber Ward is a 12 bedded PICU ward for adults who have experienced an acute deterioration or relapse in their mental wellbeing. As a Senior Occupational Therapist in the team, you will assess the occupational therapy needs of the client group and deliver interventions accordingly on the ward.
You will liaise with other professionals to support safe and timely discharge to the community or further treatment on an acute ward.
As a senior member of the team you will be expected to contribute to team and service development and provide supervision to other staff.
We are looking for someone with a passion for working with adults and for developing good working relationships with clients, carers and family. You will possess excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to adapt interventions to maximise engagement in a PICU environment. You will work closely with a wide range of services, so forging close relationships will be important.
Main duties of the job
- Utilising specialist skills, knowledge and experience to promote efficient OT interventions.
- Manage a defined caseload, using evidence based/ client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate Occupational Therapy interventions.
- To provide leadership through supervision of junior members of the team and students as required.
- To take on other designated duties relating to the requirements of the service or as requested by the Clinical Lead for Therapies.
- Ensure effective liaison with other services locally including voluntary, statutory and community resources.
- To devise Occupational Therapy intervention plans and goals in collaboration with patients and the Multidisciplinary (MDT) team
- To actively contribute to planning, evaluating and development of the service.
- You will have a passion for caring, a warm personality and the resilience to play a vital role in helping patients take the next step in their recovery journey.
- With excellent communication and people skills, you will be empathetic and sensitive to the needs of patients, their families and carers.
In return you will receive good support, supervision and continuing professional development opportunities including:
- A programme of AHP specific training
- Quarterly Occupational Therapy CPD Hubs
- Communities of Practice (AMPS and Sensory Strategies)
- The opportunity to participate in a range Quality Improvement work and service innovations
- Varied leadership development opportunities
- Look at our AHP strategy and view our film at https://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/AHP
For further information about this role please contact Gemma Rose - Amber Ward Manager at Gemma.firstname.lastname@example.org or Debbie Dowle - Interim Professional Lead Occupational Therapist at Deborah.email@example.com
We are also active on Twitter so follow us at: Langley Green Hospital @LGH_SPFT @LGH_AmberPICU
Job description Job responsibilities
To provide occupational therapy interventions for referred clients using evidence based, clientcentred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.To promote and develop the role of Occupational Therapy within the clinical area.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree/Diploma in occupational therapy
- Evidence of post graduate level study/training
- Registration with the HPC as an occupational therapist
- Practice Education training
- Training in the use of standardised occupational therapy assessment tools
- Experience as a qualified occupational therapist in mental health
- Broad experience of working with clients with a range of mental health problems
- Experience of both group and individual work
- Experience of multidisciplinary working
- Experience of supervising staff and students
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.