We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and passionate Occupational Therapist who is keen to lead a team of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation Support Workers working in community health in Newham. If you have not already worked at B7 level, we are happy to support you in your development to ensure that you are able to lead the team. You will have a small caseload of patients in addition to your role as team leader. You will be part of an MDT and work closely with district nurses, other local healthcare teams, Occupational Therapists in the local authority and Newham's equipment service. You will also be working closely with other B7 colleagues, both therapy and nursing. We are keen to take on students and engage in QI projects and you would be encouraged to fully participate in order to enhance the role of Occupational Therapy both within the directorate and the Trust. Please see the JD and PS for further information about the role and/or contact Clinical Lead OT Zahra Famurewa.
Main duties of the job
- To provide specialised client-centered occupational therapy interventions to clients (aged 16 or over) who are resident in the community and are referred primarily due to a physical disability. This includes clients who may present with complex physical, cognitive, psycho-social and housing needs as a result of a wide range of medical conditions.
- To be an influential member of the multi-disciplinary team, providing expert, integrated, clien- centred, goal- orientated rehabilitation for clients.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner in managing a defined caseload of complex cases, in a community setting. To evidence high levels of problem solving and clinical reasoning skills in line with evidence based/client- centred principles. To formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan designed to reduce the impact of disability from a comprehensive assessment of the client's needs
- To take a lead role in the supervision, teaching and appraisal of junior occupational therapists, rehabilitation support workers, students and other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- To work collaboratively with members of the multi-disciplinary team in the planning, development and evaluation of the Extended Primary Care Team, taking a lead for designated projects. To continually engage with and develop the provision of occupational therapy within community services.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please could you kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- 1.Occupational Therapy Degree or equivalent
- 2.Registration with Health and Care Professions Council
- 3.Evidence of successful completion of courses relevant to area of specialist knowledge and skills
- 4.Maintenance of continuous professional development portfolio
- 1.Minimum of 3 years clinical post registration occupational therapy practice, including work with adults with complex physical disabilities and community rehabilitation
- 2.Experience in training, supervising and managing others
- 3.Experience of service development
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of occupational therapy in relation to physical disability and community rehabilitation
- Knowledge of legislation and national policy affecting Occupational Therapy with clients with physical disabilities in the community
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical governance and its application
- Ability to undertake all aspects of the occupational therapy process: ?conduct an initial assessment on the complex needs of clients ? administer and interpret standardised tests relevant to this client group when diagnosing specific problems e.g. perceptual and cognitive deficits ?analyse the assessment information, then devise and implement occupational therapy treatment programmes specific to the individual client ?evaluate treatment programmes and modify them accordingly ?plan and coordinate treatment to be implemented by others e.g. rehabilitation support workers ?devise and implement discharge plans to ensure a safe and effective discharge
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.