We are excited to be advertising for the position of Head of Operations within the Crisis Pathway in Bedfordshire & Luton Directorate at ELFT.
The Crisis pathway spans across Bedfordshire & Luton county and includes a range of 24/7 crisis response services such as Crisis resolution and home treatment teams, Psychiatric liaison services and the mental health crisis line delivered through NHS 111 option 2. The post holder will also have operational responsibility for the Mental health crisis line service.
The suitable candidate will have substantial operational management experience and experience of working with and developing crisis response services. We are looking for a candidate who represents the values of ELFT and is committed to partnership working, quality improvement and leading with compassion.
Main duties of the job
- To achieve financial balance across your teams, making the best use of your financial resources to achieve positive clinical outcomes for service users and carers
- To support the Directorate to meet annual CRES requirements
- To have operational responsibility under the leadership of the Assistant Director, for several budgets and the ability to interpret, manage and monitor spend on budget. Must be able to process and understand the complex and multiple budgetary needs of several teams across the geographical location, at the same time
- To develop systems to aid Team Managers in the management of budgets and devise financial recovery plans if required
- To have overall line management responsibility for the Team Managers across the geographical location and overall operational responsibility for the Crisis Pathway Teams
- To ensure systems are in place for ensuring the Trust targets for key performance indicators, recruitment, retention, sickness monitoring, agency usage, supervision and appraisals are in place for all teams across the location.
- To develop and implement changes for Crisis Service policies
- To ensure staff have the training and development required to meet best practice standards and achieve positive clinical outcomes for service users and carers
- To take responsibility to act using professional judgment and advanced problem solving when decisions have to be made
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please could you kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Education and Training Essential
- oRegistered Professional in either Nursing, Social Work, Psychology or Occupational therapy with current registration with NMC, HCPC or equivalent
- oEvidence of post registration continued professional development, ie Diploma in Management Studies or equivalent experience to Master's level
- oPrevious experience of managing a complex range of mental health services
- oPrevious experience of service development, quality improvement and of bringing innovation and new ideas to practice
- oPrevious experience of working within the NHS and with senior allied professionals, internal and external stakeholders
- oPrevious experience of managing organisational change
- oPrevious experience of working with crisis services
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oComputer literacy
- oExcellent organisational skills - able to prioritise own work and manage own time
- oExcellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to meet tight timelines
- oExcellent skills of conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation
- oActs upon service user and carer feedback and information to improve the way things are done taking personal responsibility for resolving
- oAbility to build relationships and negotiate satisfactory outcomes with internal and external Stakeholders.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.