Band 6 Occupational Therapist - HCPC registration is required for this post
Reaside Clinic - Secure & Complex Care
Full Time 37.5 hours
Diploma, BSC or MSC in Occupational Therapy
Main duties of the job
Job Summary - Band 6 Occupational Therapist
Are you a dynamic, innovative, recovery focused clinician looking for an opportunity for personal and professional growth? We are looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist
to join our enthusiastic and highly motivated team.
As the Occupational Therapist within a multi professional team you will provide guidance to the MDT using professional clinical frameworks to formulate recovery-based, trauma informed treatment plans.
Within the OT team you will case manage and deliver individual and group treatment programmes in collaboration with the technical instructors, OT assistants, education providers, and vocational staff. Therapeutic interventions are supported by a well-equipped environment which includes a gym, kitchen, education suite, art room, gardens, woodwork shop, library, and group rooms. We have our own forensic community OT team and partnerships that support transitions out into the community.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate well and use their professional skills and knowledge to work effectively across the service to really make a difference to our service users lives. You will have experience of working in adult mental health, with challenging behaviours and a range of clinical presentations. Experience of service development would be advantageous as would the supervision of junior staff.
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Training and qualificaitons Essential
- Diploma, BSC(Hons) or MSC In Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of post graduate training in leadership and or management.
- Evidence of post graduate training in clinical models or approaches
- oEvidence of working with people who exhibit challenging behaviours and or complex needs
- oApplication of standardised and non-standardised assessment tools to clinically formulate & evaluate treatment.
- oCan demonstrate inclusivity
- oEvidences recovery focussed principles
- oEvidence qualities of operational management of staff
- Use of staff well-being strategies
- Knowledge of sensory integration principles
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oInterpersonal relationship management in teams
- oKnowledge of current issues impacting on secure care services and their future strategy
- oEvidence knowledge of the barriers of secure care service users in their transitions into community life
- oEvidence of personal development
- oExperience of developing clinical services in mental health settings
- Post graduate training relevant to the field of practice
Personal Qualities Essential
- oCommitment to working within a diverse client group for which this post provides a service to
- oCan demonstrate resilience
- oUse initiative and decision making under pressure
- oPositive attitude towards supervision and personal development
- Personal experience of mental health problems.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.