Job Title: Clinical Assessment Practitioner - Band 6
We are looking for a motivated, proactive and resilient individual to join the Kingston & Richmond Assessment Team who can demonstrate a high degree of autonomy in assessing patients with complex and challenging mental health care needs. An individual who can deliver high quality and safe care in a timely manner. Career Progression pathways and development opportunities:
This team offers a great opportunity to develop your mental health assessment skills and risk assessment and management skills amongst other key clinical skills that are transferrable to any other settings you may consider for your career progression.
In addition, the Trust works in partnership with the South West London Partnership that offers key trainings for professional and personal development such as; Chartered Management Apprenticeship, Project Manager Apprenticeship, Person-Centred Conversation, Clinician Supervision,
mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes.
Kingston & Richmond Assessment Team is a Multidisciplinary team consist of doctors and nurses, occupational Therapists and Recovery & Support Worker.
We provide a borough-based assessment only service for adults aged 18-74, whereby all referrals are channelled through our team, and directed to receive appropriate treatment either within the Trust or in Primary Care.
Main duties of the job
- You will be carrying out screening, triages and comprehensive assessment face to face and on the telephone. You will be signposting patient to appropriate treatment pathways, discharging and ensuring that relevant key performance indicators are completed contemporaneously.
Core Function of the Role
- The post holder will possess excellent assessment and risk assessment skills. He/she must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written. He/she must be able to work well in a busy team and at the same time knows how to take care of their own wellbeing. You are expected to embrace the Trust's Values in carrying out the business of the service.
To screen and assess suitability for secondary care mental health service. To work collaboratively with service users and their carers to agree on a mutual and an appropriate treatment pathway into secondary care or other relevant services that can offer that treatment.
To signpost appropriately to relevant services and discharge patient safely to Primary Care when deemed appropriate.
To be resourceful by working closely with internal and external agencies and organisation. To be a role model to students and junior staff.
To be a team player working closely with the MDT, sharing experiences and knowledge.
About us We are
located in the Maddison Centre in Teddington, close to the vibrant high street and the river Thames with a range of shops, cafs and restaurants. The hub is located a short walk from Fulwell and Teddington stations and Kingston Shopping Centre. Benefits
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job description Job responsibilities
We work closely with the Community Recovery & Support Teams, Early Intervention, Crisis Resolution & home treatment teams and the Approved Mental Health Professional Service (AMHP).
We work in close partnership with GP commissioners and other key partners, including voluntary organisations. Flexible working:
As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible and Agile working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible and Agile working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to work Monday to Friday
in the time frames from 9am to 5pm,
giving you the very best of good work life balance.
Person Specification TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- oRMN, social worker or occupational therapist with current relevant registration
- oPractice Assessor qualification
- oDiploma/BSC in Community Nursing
- oEvidence of post registration training related to the provision of relevant psychosocial interventions
- oDemonstrable experience of working with people who experience serious ongoing mental health problems in a variety of settings
- oExperience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- oExperience of assessing and managing crisis with those with a severe mental illness
- oExperience of providing thorough baseline mental health assessments and case formulation based on these
- oExperience of working in crisis teams/Recovery & Support Teams
- oExperience of working in community nursing
- oExperience of working in a CMHT or other community health setting
- oExperience of contributing to policy and procedure development and implementation
- oExperience of managing and supervising other staff
- oExperience of recruitment and selection of staff
- oExperience of managing and monitoring budgets
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Essential
- oExcellent written and oral communication skills.
- oSkills in assessment, care planning and case management
- oAbility to assess clinical situations quickly and use initiative.
- oAbility to apply information from research to practice
- oKnowledge of counselling skills, cognitive skills, behavioral skills
- oSkills in CBT, Coaching & family work
- oResearch and audit skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.