CALLING ALL QUALIFIED AND SOON TO QUALIFY PWPS!! Are you passionate about promoting meaningful and effective therapeutic experiences for patients at Step 2 (in a way that you would hope a loved one to experience) and dedicated to this process both personally and professionally? Then we want to hear from you.
Bedfordshire Wellbeing Service is a growing IAPT service. We have the honour and privilege to deliver idiosyncratic packages of care for our patients in Bedfordshire Wellbeing Service, based on evidence-based therapies proven to be effective at Step 2. Our PWPs have expanded into several specialist areas including BME outreach, Older Adult work, CBT for insomnia, Silvercloud and champion projects.
Main duties of the job
PWPs devise a stepped care treatment package for patients at LI (low intensity) assessment (post telephone triage) and liaise closely with colleagues across the specialist areas including third sector partnership organisations and Step 3 colleagues in HI (high intensity) therapies (CBT, EMDR, and Counselling).
Internal and external training for working within specialist areas at Step 2 is provided. All PWPs are supported within the CPD to gain clinical experience in their area of interest and as a service we love to get involved in all PWP matters both locally and nationally.
The service is looking to recruit Remote Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to provide assessment and PWP interventions with people from a range of cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary.
Our mission is to make a positive difference in people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please for further informationkindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Will have undertaken a undergraduate/postgraduate training course to become a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
- Worked with people who have had mental health difficulties specifically anxiety and depression in an IAPT service
- Received training in low intensity CBT interventions which are evidence based for a range of difficulties
- Basic training/ experience in use of computers for data entry, communication and seeking information
- Recent training in health and safety, child protection and clinical governance issues
- Assessment - Has received training (either formal or through experience) resulting in the ability to carry out agreed assessments which are conducted within service protocols
- Able to elicit information from a client surrounding a wide range of potential difficulties that may be causing difficulty for the service user
- Able to deliver psychoeducational workshops to large groups of people
- Ability to engage patients with different language and cultural needs from mainstream British culture.
- Able to use problem solving techniques in a variety of situations
- Knowledge of anxiety and depression
- Possess an understanding of the main medications used and their side effects in the treatment of anxiety and depression
- Understanding of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies agenda
PERSONAL APTITUDE Essential
- Ability to be self-reflective, whilst working with service users, in own personal and professional development and in supervision
- Able to change own practice in light of understanding gained through experience, training and supervision
- Prepared to take part in own Individual Performance review which will take into account ongoing career development
- Able to manage own personal stress working in a service with numerous demands on self
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.