We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated registered integrated practitioner (SW/RMN) or Registered Social Worker to work in a new community mental health service in Wigan called Living Well (LW). The Living Well Service will enable timely access to mental health services when people need it most and provide support for people who might not traditionally meet the threshold or criteria of existing mental health services. The team will be multidisciplinary and will include third sector organizations. We will also be supporting several peer mentor roles within the team.
You will be supported by members of the leadership team including a team leader, operational programme manager and clinical lead. CPD opportunities are available and personal interests/skills will be supported to develop and grow.
The Wigan Living Well Service will be compassionately led, trauma informed, and recovery focused. Living Well has co-produced key values and principles that all staff and peers share. As a result, our model is humanistic and person-centred. Our core values are based on creating open, honest, safe spaces and conversations where all people's strengths are valued.
Main duties of the job
In this role you will be a key member of the multi-disciplinary team. As an Integrated Practitioner or Social Worker you will provide high quality, comprehensive assessments, and provide interventions, evaluate, and record community mental health and social care delivered to people on your caseload. The role will also include taking the lead on Safeguarding for the team. You will also undertake initial conversation / assessments of people as part of the Living well duty system in accordance with agreed operational procedures.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Completion of relevant 4 year integrated Msc OR Degree/Masters Degree in SW
- Registered as an integrated practitioner (SW/RMN) or Social Worker
- Relevant post qualification certificates relevant to mental health
- Experience of post registration working in a mental health setting
- Experience of completing assessments (including risk), formulations and interventions in a MH setting
- Evidence of completing formal SW assessments including MHA, MCA and SG
- Experience of working in an MDT
- Experience in community mental health services
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of supervising students
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Knowledge of relevant MHA legislation
- Knowledge of trauma informed care
- Ability to write reports and communicate effectively with a range of people
- Ability to travel to a range of locations in the Borough and wider Trust footprint
- Provide support, consultation and training on social work to others
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.