Band 7 - IAPT CBT Therapist or Clinical Psychologist/Counselling Psychologist
Are you passionate about delivering meaningful and effective therapeutic experiences for patients and wish to expand your skills and knowledge, in a high performing service?
Then Bedfordshire Wellbeing Service is the service for you! With the ability to work with flexibility, currently two days office/community based and the rest of the week working from home.. You will need to maintain a consistent CPD throughout the year as well as the opportunity for some additional training in different modalities and to be a part of service development through participation in focus groups and Quality Improvement projects, supporting further development.
Bedfordshire Wellbeing Service (BWS) is an expanding IAPT service that offers low and high intensity interventions in individual, couple and group formats. We consistently achieve excellent recovery and reliable improvement rates due to our focus on delivering flexible packages of care, designed to meet patient needs. We have also devised specialist treatment programmes delivering PTSD workshops, therapy tailored for the treatment of long-term conditions and the delivery of digitally enhanced therapy.
Main duties of the job
The Service is one of four IAPT services run and administered by East London NHS Foundation Trust, the others being Newham Talking Therapies, Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies and Richmond Wellbeing Service. The four services are located organisationally in the Specialist Services Directorate and work together on joint projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is moving into a new phase of development and expansion. Your ideas and creativity would be welcomed in contributing to the delivery of an innovative service, which meets the needs of the local diverse community.
Job description Job responsibilities
We are looking for CBT Therapists or Clinical / Counselling Psychologists who are BABCP accredited or eligible for accreditation to join the service at this interesting time of change and expansion within Bedfordshire.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPIST with previous mental health experience, accredited by BABCP Or CLINICAL / COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGIST Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS, Or Post-graduate doctoral/masters level training in counselling psychology), Or Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Clinical / Counselling Psychologist
- With BABCP accreditation
- Other relevant specialist training or qualifications and accreditation with professional body
- Training or qualification in CBT groups
- Trained in other therapeutic approaches like EMDR
- Experience of delivering CBT interventions to patients with common mental health problems e.g. depression, anxiety (Social Phobia, BDD, OCD, GAD, Health Anxiety etc)
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Experience of working in primary care psychological service
- Experience of running groups
- Experience in treating Post traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Experience of delivering clinical supervision
- Full range of skills and competencies as laid out in the competence framework for CBT (Roth and Pilling 2007)
- Computer literate
- Has received and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety disorders (Social Phobia, BDD, OCD, GAD, Health Anxiety etc) and depression and how these problems may present in Primary Care
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health / benefits & employment systems
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Trained in provision of supervision for CBT
- Completed clinical audits within a service
- Experience in delivering treatment via video software (eg: Webex, Teams, Zoom)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.