A vacancy has arisen for a specialty doctor (10 PAs / sessions per week) to provide clinical support to the CAMHS Tier 4 Evergreen Unit.
The space will provide specialist, short-term care for children and young people aged 13-17 with severe or complex mental health difficulties. You will be working alongside a diverse multi-disciplinary team that reflects the population that we serve. Our vision is to make a positive difference in young peoples lives by providing the highest quality mental health service to our local communities, to help them overcome some of lifes challenges.
Main duties of the job
- Work within a multidisciplinary setting offering psychiatric medical input in the assessment, treatment and care management of patients, carrying out all general duties including mental state examinations.
- Provide up to date, effective, safe medical care for patients in order to promote their recovery, and promote their insight with a view to relapse prevention.
- Offer advice and support to other members of the team in issues related to their competence and expertise.
- Work as a leading member of the multidisciplinary team, linking closely with statutory and non-statutory services as required.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy. For further information do contact Lawrence Chung.
Person Specification Education Essential
- MB.BS, MBChB or equivalent
- Full Registration with the GMC
- Higher degree
- Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualification (in accordance with Royal College of Psychiatrists guidelines)
- oApproval under Section 12(2) of Mental Health Act 1983, or plan to gain approval within 6 months of appointment.
- oAt least three years experience of psychiatry clinical practice post medical qualification
- oAppreciation and social and cultural factors of relevant to psychiatric practice
- oExperience of and commitment to clinical care of individuals with severe and enduring mental health conditions
- oExperience of working with young people with mental health problems of an acute and severe nature
- oExperience of Quality Improvement projects & Clinical Audit
- oGood working knowledge and experience of the application of the Mental Health Act
Organisational Skills/Abilities Essential
- oAbility to work as a part of multidisciplinary, multi-model team
- oAbility to manage complex workloads and support others to do that Consultation skills to services, teams and individuals
- oCommitment to working in multidisciplinary setting
- oCommitment to working with service users on service development
Clinical skills Essential
- oAbility to work in multidisciplinary team and provide leadership for the team
- oSelf-motivating and innovative
- oClear, effective communication style Expertise in risk assessment
- oA balanced approach to risk management, based on warm therapeutic interactions with service users
- oConfident in therapeutic risk taking
- oCommitment to clinical governance and QI
- oFlexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- oAbility and commitment to work with carers and families
- oAbility to adjust therapeutic approaches according to service users' cultural needs
- oAbility to cope effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- oCourteous and respectful of patients, families and carers
- oAssertive, independent, flexible
- oCapable of multi-disciplinary and inter-agency working
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.