An *EXCITING* opportunity has arisen for an experienced band 6 Registered mental health nurse / clinician, who would like to progress into a band 7 role within the Dementia Intensive Support Service.
DISS covers Mid Essex, Chelmsford, Maldon and Braintree
We are looking for:
- An experienced registered mental health nurse
- A competent, confident and proficient practitioner
- Who is organised and able to work creatively and effectively in a busy and demanding role
- Have the ability to travel across the locality for service delivery
You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services; providing a 7-day a week, 24-hours a day service for 365 days a year, working shifts where appropriate and operationally required.
Main duties of the job
To reduce attendance at A&E and prevent hospital admissions for crisis and complex presentations where physical health and related conditions can be managed within the community. This includes working within the MDT, and supporting Care Homes responding to crisis.
You will be working as a senior member of the multidisciplinary clinical team, working in one specified pathway or across pathways in accordance with area / locality structures, assessing and treating your own complex specialist caseload of service users in accordance with Trust clinical pathways.
You will also have responsibility for the day-to-day supervision and management of lower banded staff within your professional group and team locality. As required by your manager this may include the management of these staff in line with agreed Trust HR processes.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Take on the role of lead practitioner
- Experience of dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Proven experience of working in a health / social care or community setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working with, supervising lower banded staff and / or managing the care of service users with highly complex needs
- Act as a care coordinator in highly complex cases
- Provide clinical leadership to lower banded staff in line with OT Standards and Trust policies and procedures
- Manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral / review / business / handover
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Person Specification Education Essential
- Diploma/ Degree NMC Registration RMN
- Masters degree or willingness to undertake this
- NMP qualification or the willingness to undertake this
- Experience of managing and coordinating multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral / review / business / handover
- Lead / assist with the recruitment process of other clinical staff as required, supported by the Clinical Manager where appropriate
- Deliver training to colleagues and lower banded staff as appropriate
- Take on the role of lead practitioner
- The ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities whilst working under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Prioritise own work load and give support to other staff in relation to priorities when required
- Ability to motivate people
- Knowledge of system one or Paris
- Understand the need for compassion in working with colleagues, service users and families.
- NMC code for professional Practice
- Knowledge of mental health legislation, NHS Constitution, CPA and risk assessment and management
- Ability to supervise and conduct highly complex assessments and review of care
- Excellent IT Skills - Word / Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of working with external agencies to support the service user group
- Provide clinical leadership to support the team to meet their key performance indicators and contractual targets
Personal Qualities Essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, telephone manner including liaison with outside agencies
- Record all patient related information on Trust electronic records system and audit the interventions recorded by lower banded staff
- Lead / chair professional meetings / reviews
- Contribute to or conduct SI and other investigations as required
- Current driving licence
- Provide professional advice when dealing with service users, family and carers, and other professionals on a daily basis
- Resilience to effectively manage own emotions in response to the emotional distress of others and support other team members in this process
- Ability to travel independently across a wide geographical area
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.