CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist (with development lead opportunity)
This posts also attracts a responsibility payment of £5000. Please see advert wording for more detail.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Child and Adolescent Consultant Psychiatrist to join and lead our CAMHS community mental health team at The Children's Centre, Worthing Hospital, West Sussex.
As part of our continuous development of CAMHS psychiatry provision in Worthing the successful post holder will also have an opportunity to lead on redesigning and developing the service. The development lead part of the role will be for 2 years from appointment and will attract a £5000 responsibility payment per year. In addition to the above this post also attracts a £5000 Golden Hello Payment and the opportunity to claim up to £8000 in relocation expenses!
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide medical leadership for a highly specialist multi-disciplinary team. The team provide care in the community for children and young people with moderate to severe mental health problems and neurodevelopmental disorders. The team consists of Clinical Psychologists, Community Nurse's, a Systemic Therapist, Art Therapist and a Psychotherapist.
If you haven't thought about living in West Sussex before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- City life is never far away as Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
At Sussex Partnership we are also committed to providing opportunities for flexible working. If you don't want to work 10 PA's or would like to work differently get in touch with us to discuss this in more detail. To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities
This role can also support any interest in research, development, medical education or special interests that you may have. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest. Currently the West Sussex Consultant group have a variety of special interests including PTSD, Depression, EWB, Eating Disorders, Liaison Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Learning Disability.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. Please contact us for more details.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Basic Medical Training
- Full GMC/UK Registration
- MRC Psych or equivalent
- Entry on Specialist Register for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, or equivalent (or close to achieving this)
- Experience working in a Community CAMHS Service
- Experience & training in management of severely mentally ill
- Thorough knowledge of legislation relating to Mental Health and of the Children's Act
- Good understanding and knowledge of the organic aspects of psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.