Are you an experienced and ambitious Registered Mental Health Nurse looking to become a Band 6 Clinical Lead? Then this could be the role for you!
St Andrews ward is looking for a Clinical Lead to join our motivated team.At Somerset NHS Foundation Trust we are actively seeking individuals who want to contribute to our vision of providing patient centred and compassionate nursing care. We are interested in hearing from people who can make a difference with their positive outlook, dedication, expertise and compassion.
Main duties of the job
You will have had varied and substantive experience of working as a Band 5 RMN, and will be confident, robust, approachable, and sensitive to the issues faced by people who are in the most acute and challenging phase of their journey towards recovery. As a team player you will work creatively, and have the leadership desire to sometimes look further than your own shift and even your own ward, with the ability to see a wider perspective when making decisions that impact across a patients pathway or the service.
You will be joining a dynamic and innovative multidisciplinary management team that works within a new service structure committed to operating, sharing and supporting each other.
The post will be on our adult inpatient service in St Andrews, where we have a 16 bed acute admission ward. The ward will be relocating to the Summerlands site in Yeovil in the summer of 2023
We are heavily committed to quality improvement and innovation and we underpin our service values with those of recovery, involvement, reducing restrictive interventions and teamwork. We have achieved Royal College of Psychiatrists AIMS accreditation.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
* In conjunction with the ward manager and team, to lead the clinicalmanagement of patients to ensure that high standards of nursing care are achieved and maintained.* Ensuring that nursing staff on the ward provides the agreed standards of treatment, care and activity for patients.* To actively participate/lead with the MDT in planning, reviewing and delivering care.* To ensure that changes in the patients physical mental health and behaviour are reported and recorded by the postholder and junior nursing staff.*To maintain working knowledge of legislation and guidance pertaining to mental health and learning disabilities.*To identify, provide and supervise therapeutic activities, emotional support and stability to patients to ensure effective engagement whilst maintaining professional boundaries.* To create and maintain professional supportive relationships with all members of staff, with other professionals and agencies to enhance recovery.*Maintaining personal clinical expertise as required by the needs of a changing service and statutory bodies.*To ensure that all clinical and risk assessments are completed and reviewed in line with Trust policies on data collection.* To be responsible for the administration of prescribed medication in line with Trust policy and drug administration standards.* To work within and manage the legal and professional frameworks relating to consent, capacity, deprivation of liberty and the Mental Health Act.* To understand and, in collaboration with the ward manager or relevant others, take a lead on a range of interventions available, whilst ensuring that evidence-based practice is adopted and maintained.* Ensuring that high standards of communication with patients relatives and staff are developed and maintained.* To support with ward audits and clinical governance.
Person Specification Qualifications and Training Essential
- Relevant professional qualification and registration e.g. RMN
- Relevant degree or working towards
- Relevant management and leadership experience/training/qualification
- Relevant teaching and assessment qualification
Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Proven experience of working with the relevant client group in a multi-agency service, presenting complex and sensitive information to large groups of people
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and to act up in the absence of the person in charge
- Knowledge of NMC code of professional conduct
- Evidence of continuing professional development and to have undertaken post registration training
- Sound knowledge of Mental Health Act
- Experience of managing time and workload of self and others effectively and be able to delegate.
- Evidence of taking lead in projects
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Good organisational skills, ability to manage own time and organise and plan timed activities for staff and patients
- Ability to recognise and respond to behaviour that challenges
- High standards of written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate with relatives, carers and other organisations about complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to deliver and delegate tasks
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of carrying out supervision to junior staff
- To be able to co-ordinate the care of clients to ensure that high standards are met
- To be able to facilitate therapeutic and recreational groups and activities
- To comply with all Trust policies and procedures
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to record and retrieve information on charts and paper and electronic patient records
- Ability to use email and internet
- To carry out staff performance and development reviews
- Identifying training needs for the individual, able to identify own training needs and personal development plan.
- To be able to monitor staff sickness, absence
- To have skills in problem-solving
- Experience of electronic patient records/RiO
- Experience of carrying out research and development
- Experience of carrying out audits
- To have experience in being involved service improvement
- Experience of managing change
- Evidence of use of Essence of Care
Personal Qualities Essential
- Physical Skills:PMVA training to required level for role
- Basic keyboard use
- Emotional effort Speaks to distressed patients, and their relatives, by telephone phone and in person
- Involved with direct patient care where the postholder may be subjected to frequent exposure to distressing circumstances
Requirements due to Working En Essential
- The postholder should be able to deal with verbal aggression without being punitive. At times dealing with face-to-face physical aggression
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.