Aspen Ward is a busy adult acute inpatient mental health ward based at Royal Oldham Hospital, Oldham. We are currently seeking to recruit a band 5 staff nurse on a permanent contract to complement the staffing team that is already in place. You will be part of a thriving ward which is committed to providing a high level of quality care to the patients they work with. We offer preceptorship packages to newly qualified nurses.
Main duties of the job
You will be an integral part of the team providing direct care to patients with a variety of mental health problemsTo act as the named nurse with responsibility for the overall care of an identified group of clientsTo regularly act as shift co-ordinator ensuring the smooth running of the clinical area and best utilisation of resources available, with support from senior staff
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be involved in provide a high level of safe and effective careBe responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of careAdhere to all Trust policies, procedures and guidelinesLiaise with the multidisciplinary teamProvide mentorship to others
Person Specification essential Essential
- First level registration (RMN)
- Experience of working in a Mental Health setting.
- Knowledge of treatments and interventions appropriate for individuals with acute mental health needs.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and CPA process
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Ability / willingness to work shifts including days, early / late / night shifts
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to assess clients and plan and implement care packages based on the needs of the individual.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.