We have an exciting opportunity for a Ward Manager to join St Andrews Ward in Wells.
As the ward manager of this 16 bedded acute ward, you will be responsible for coordinating the every day running of the ward and the health based place of safety on site. Ensuring high standards of care for patients and support for the staff within. You will take a key role in continuing the development of the inpatient ward using research and recovery focussed innovative practice.
Providing clinical and managerial leadership of the inpatient ward, leading by example to maintain visibility and accessibility to staff, patients and visitors, including undertaking direct clinical care of patients.
St Andrews ward will be relocating to the Summerlands site in Yeovil in the summer of 2023. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to support this move and be involved in the development of a brand new ward. All with the support of your clinical service manager.
If you choose to work with us, you will be part of a dedicated team, intent on delivering the best possible care for each patient and to support one another's wellbeing at the same time.
Main duties of the job
As the St Andrews Manager you will lead the team with responsibility for the co-ordination and supervision of assessment and treatment within the ward, ensuring high quality care.
Communicate with patients, relatives and carers sensitive clinical information in a way that takes into account the level of understanding and any barriers that may have an impact on the individual receiving and understanding the information, face to face and via the telephone.
You will have responsibility for leading and managing the staff team including development and welfare ensuring good communication and team working.
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust endeavours to provide development opportunities for those looking to develop a career in the NHS, in both clinical and non-clinical roles.
At our Trust we value outstanding care, listening and leading and working together and always endeavour to put these at the heart of our service.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Please refer to the job description for full details.
- Head of Inpatient and Urgent Care
- Operational Service Manager
- Consultant psychiatrist
- Occupational Therapist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Clinical Lead Nurse
- Patients and Carers
- Wider multi-disciplinary teams
Person Specification Skills and experience Essential
- Proven experience of working within a mental health team as a band 6. Evidence of continuing professional development. To be able to deputise for the person in charge.
- Experience of leading a team of staff. Experience of developing people and teams through supervision, support and continued professional development. Knowledge and understanding of the Recovery Process. Knowledge and understanding of the assessment, treatment and discharge process.
- Professional in approach, manner and appearance. Ability to contribute new ideas to further develop the team. The ability to organise and facilitate meetings. To be able to take appropriate action on the receipt of a complaint.
- Post registration training. Diploma level or Degree and willingness to complete. Teaching/mentoring qualification. NVQ Assessor
- Experience of both inpatient and community teams.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.